Firewall Bulkhead connector

-

vitamindart

Reaction score
What's everyone using for running either an aftermarket wire harness or accessories through the firewall? thinking I'm going to mount my MS3 in the car to keep it away from the heat ect. just trying to get some ideas on the best way to run that bundle of wires through the firewall.

I ran all my wires through a grommet down low on the firewall and tranny tunnel.

I got that recessed firewall box from @HemiDenny to give me room for wires from the back of my BB valve cover as I raised up the engine a bit to clear steering gear. I put a hole with grommet in the side of it and am able to run all my wires inside even with bulky connectors as its two pieces scalloped together. solved some problems for me and still able to run factory style bulkhead.

I used the Clutch bar linkage plug as I have an auto trans. I ran my Starter cable in and through to my trunk mounted Solenoid and battery.

Resized_20210405_163506.jpeg

^^Clutch linkage hole^^ That is LOL if you are never going to convert to a stick

What's everyone using for running either an aftermarket wire harness or accessories through the firewall? thinking I'm going to mount my MS3 in the car to keep it away from the heat ect. just trying to get some ideas on the best way to run that bundle of wires through the firewall.
MS3 in the glovebox. Milspec connectors in the firewall.
7875 + 5.9 + E85 + Megasquirt

So tell us more, show more pics. Looks like the connection we used on communication devices we used on the railroad. Radio and end of train devices. Is that something universal?
Not to derail the thread but here ya go SR, you know ya miss it. Ten below, 20 mph winds, trying to get tug to break em free.

BA0601E8-058D-4B83-B69F-1D185F1E5236.jpeg

And right back at ya. 70 and ☀️ sunnyView attachment 1715856801
I'm old, I am so old, I do not like the cold, I do not like the cold,
I do not miss it, I do not!
LMAO don’t make me post the pix of my Cat in the Hat hat! I wear it when I FaceTime and read books to my grandson! In total defiance of PC! And yes I hate you for the beach pix! Hah!

That one is meant for signals, not power. They have other ones with thicker pins to carry power. We use these all over on submarines.

Pro tip, start in the middle and work your way out. Also have a couple of pin insertion/extraction tools around.

That one is meant for signals, not power. They have other ones with thicker pins to carry power. We use these all over on submarines.

Pro tip, start in the middle and work your way out. Also have a couple of pin insertion/extraction tools around.

How bout dis den
upload_2022-1-21_20-50-56.png

-
Back