Firing order

-

ramman7284

Reaction score
I'm just curious on what the firing order is on a big block I work at a transmission shop and when I work on engines I deal with small blocks

Hmmm that's weird cuz I think I seen something a few months ago showing that they were diff

Same 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 just reverse rotation

Attachments

• 2009-10-27_231609_2009-10-27_161145.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 499
Hmmm that's weird cuz I think I seen something a few months ago showing that they were diff

Even if you take the "traditional" Ferd firing order, IE the old 353-36-390, etc, and 289-302, that firing order, when renumbered to reflect GM/ Chrysler cylinder numbering, still has the same firing order. (No1 on Mopar is no5 on Ford, etc

In fact, if you made a timing mark on a Ford using the Mopar no 1 cylinder, you could "think" Mopar when wiring it up!!

Well ill have to keep that in mind I'd rather take this advice from old mopar guys than lookin it up from a book

Even if you take the "traditional" Ferd firing order, IE the old 353-36-390, etc, and 289-302, that firing order, when renumbered to reflect GM/ Chrysler cylinder numbering, still has the same firing order. (No1 on Mopar is no5 on Ford, etc

In fact, if you made a timing mark on a Ford using the Mopar no 1 cylinder, you could "think" Mopar when wiring it up!!

HAHAAHAHA memory lane ....first time i ever worked on on a ferd, that fact the number 5 is where the dodge/checy number one is ....had me chasing my tail for hours LOL just a memory flashback that i remember that ferds are wayyyy different LOL

-
Back