Firm feel adjustable a body strut rods

-

autumn ash

Reaction score
Anybody ever used these? I need to know if they will fit on a 65 barracuda. I know the non-adjustable ones say that you need their bushings for proper lenght, but with the adjustment i should be able to use any bushing I want correct?

Screenshot_20230114_010901_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230114_010905_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230114_011157_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230114_011031_Chrome.jpg

I would call or E Mail them to check.
I would use their bushings if it was me.
They are great people and will not lead you
wrong. I sold them a Max Wedge car a few years
ago and know them personally.

I contacted them already waiting on a reply, ill call if i dont get one in the next few days.

I contacted them already waiting on a reply, ill call if i dont get one in the next few days.

You’ll need their input to figure out what bushings they’re supposed to be used with. The overall length is adjustable, but the distance from the thread to the shoulder is not. Since that shoulder sets the depth for the bushings, you’ll still need whatever thickness bushings they were designed for.

I'd rather use ones that get rid of the front bushings altogether (replaced with a Heim joint or similar), to me that's half the reason to go with adjustable strut rods in the first place. Even with poly bushings the strut rods will compress them under hard braking and alter the caster, not something you want in a panic stop or when trying to make an evasive emergency maneuver.

I'd rather use ones that get rid of the front bushings altogether (replaced with a Heim joint or similar), to me that's half the reason to go with adjustable strut rods in the first place. Even with poly bushings the strut rods will compress them under hard braking and alter the caster, not something you want in a panic stop or when trying to make an evasive emergency maneuver.

The bigger issue with the poly strut rod bushings is the resistance they add to the up/down travel of the LCA. Their stiffness under compression is good to keep the LCA from moving fore/aft under braking and acceleration. But that same stiffness is a detriment to the normal LCA movement when the suspension travels up and down.

Which is why the heim jointed strut rods are better, no fore/aft movement and very little resistance at all for up/down movement on the LCA. Normally I’m not a fan of heims for street car suspension either, but the QA1 style adjustable strut rods on my Challenger did 70k street miles with no issues and no appreciable wear.

Do you reccomend the ones that fit right in the cross member or the onez with the strut towers?

I like the QA1 adjustable strut rods. They maintain a similar arrangement to mount to the LCA as stock so they’re truly length adjustable just by turning the adjuster, vs the style that uses a bolt that passes through the LCA that has to be loosened and torqued any time you adjust the strut rod length.

Plus I put 70k miles on a set so I know they work!

-
Back