First Covid-19 shot

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE
Mary and I went and got our second Pfizer covid-19 shot this afternoon right on schedule. All went well, no problems, no waiting lines, no issues and so far no side effects.
Stay safe everyone
Follow up
Second Shot, second day
Other than a sore arm the wife and I have had zero side effects from either of the Pfizer vaccine shots that we have received to combat covid-19.
It is a great relief to us knowing that we have some protection from the china flue and that we have done our part to try to bring this nightmare to an end and return to a normal life.
Stay safe and best wishes.

Follow up
Second Shot, second day
Other than a sore arm the wife and I have had zero side effects from either of the Pfizer vaccine shots that we have received to combat covid-19.
It is a great relief to us knowing that we have some protection from the china flue and that we have done our part to try to bring this nightmare to an end and return to a normal life.
Stay safe and best wishes.

Keep in mind it takes 3-4 weeks after the second shot for it to reach maximum effectiveness.

My dad got his 1st one.He goes in 2 weeks for a second.He's going nuts at home and thinks the VA won't let him volunteer if he don't get it.He has the most volunteer hrs in Ft worth.I believe he has 4 meritorious medals and I know he has clusters on his ribbons.He is a American bad azz and I'm just a diesel dummy.He said he's 85 and nothing has killed him so far even the pills the marxist didn't want.He dsaidctjey ate them like candy in Nam.
My dad got his 2nd 1 and the va put him on the list to come back and voulenteer

1st vaccine yesterday (Pfizer). Absolutely no side effects. Pretty efficient system here in Torrington, CT. Took about 1/2 hour total, including the 15 minute observation period. I go back for 2nd on March 10.

1st vaccine yesterday (Pfizer). Absolutely no side effects. Pretty efficient system here in Torrington, CT. Took about 1/2 hour total, including the 15 minute observation period. I go back for 2nd on March 10.
Connecticut in general is doing really well compared to other states. They were 4th best last time I checked.

Have an appointment for 8am Friday,Jan 29. No idea the Brand of vaccine, will find out there and they give you an appointment for the second shot. I'm 71 with some pre-existing health issues. I live in a retirement village in Florida (Sun City Center) and the village is the organizer and the shots are given by local nurses. Proof of village residency is required (Village picture ID and Florida drivers license showing village address).
I'll let you all know how it goes when I get home.

I told the lady that made my appointment it is Drive-By-Shot(ing): drive up in golf cart, get shot, park and wait 20 minutes and then, if you are still alive, go home.
Got the second shot this morning. Have not had any pain or adverse reactions yet. If its like the first one my arm will get more sore as the day goes on but go away in a couple days.
I received the Phizer vaccine. Someone asked me which one I got and I forgot to reply.

That's cool
Be glad your not 81.

My Mother is 86 and had it (so the Hospital said). She was off her normal for a week and then back to ornery self. Pre-conditions were heart and breathing issues. She has not and will never get vaccinated.

People, please keep in mind the timing of all this (THINK about it) and the fact this is an RNA encoding vaccine, unlike all previous vaccines in history. These bast...s are not going to mess with my RNA and that's final.

Where there is risk, there MUST be freedom of choice. Those of you that have received these untested vaccines (being tested now), PLEASE don't support forced vaccinations in the future. Forced "anything" doesn't bide well with Free Americans!

Last edited:
The little woman and I got our first Covid-19 vaccine shots today.
The risk of getting the China Flu for us is greater than risks related to the vaccine.
Spoke to my Doctor and he recommended to get it.
Obviously some may have a differant opinion which we repect.
Stay healthy and good luck
Jim K
Had both first and second shots and everything is all good.

I got my first shot Thursday ( Moderna). About 10 mins after I got it I got dizzy and super hot and sweaty...this came on super fast and went away in a couple minutes. It came back but, not as severe about an hour later. Seem fine now so not real sure what that was about. Go back on the 18th for the second shot...

My wife got her second Moderna shot at 11am Friday. 14 hours later and just a sore arm.

O friggin K .. got my second shot yesterday (Pfizer) and no reaction at all. Arm is not sore and I feel fine. It's been a year of this miserable **** and I'm beyond happy especially for my wife, as she had surgery last July that took a small piece of her lung due to cancer. She's doing fine but breathing is a little taxed, but the other lung is going to compensate in time, so they say. I was worried about getting it and transferring it to her. We have been very careful and will continue to be, but we can relax a bit and get to see and HOLD our granddaughters now.

I got Shot this afternoon at the Mather VA.
Shot #1.
Shot #2 is in 3 weeks.
Very organized with the process, and i don't have any complaints at all.
I was at the top of their list, as I'm 68, with outstanding medical conditions.
Just went thru heart surgery 10 weeks ago.

**UPDATE**
Well, woke up this morning, with my left shoulder giving me some grief, after getting the shot, in this arm.
Feeling somewhat weak.
Think I'll be in the recliner today, watching lots of Law And Order's on the tv, until the side affect wears off, from getting the shot.

Last edited:
Connecticut in general is doing really well compared to other states. They were 4th best last time I checked.
New CT rules are insane. They will give no special consideration to people who are essential workers, or front-line workers. No special consideration to people with co-morbidity, or other special medical conditions. They said it was too hard to figure out. ?? So they are just going to allow vaccines based on age now. 75-up last month, 65-up now, 55-up next week, etc... It's stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
New CT rules are insane. They will give no special consideration to people who are essential workers, or front-line workers. No special consideration to people with co-morbidity, or other special medical conditions. They said it was too hard to figure out. ?? So they are just going to allow vaccines based on age now. 75-up last month, 65-up now, 55-up next week, etc... It's stupid.
Yea his decision on this hasn’t been popular. I’m less than a month away from registration so I’ll just have to wait one more month.

I get my second shot tomorrow but not sure. Got a sore throat, cough, dizzy head and bad post nasal drip.

Political will not be allowed in this thread. There are over a dozen posts that have been deleted. Take it to the N&P.

Remember if you had the China flu they say you should wait till you don’t have antibodies from it anymore before you get the shot....antibodies can be in your system for up to 8 months afterwards....the news won’t report this because they want everyone to get it so do some research!

Remember if you had the China flu they say you should wait till you don’t have antibodies from it anymore before you get the shot....antibodies can be in your system for up to 8 months afterwards....the news won’t report this because they want everyone to get it so do some research!
I'll stick to the antibodies and build more if I ever get it again.

Political will not be allowed in this thread. There are over a dozen posts that have been deleted. Take it to the N&P.
Why ? There's nothing to debate.
What's a big deal to some, is not to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back