First Cuda made for sale

-
Awesome car to say the least.
Worth 3 million?
Not to me even if i had the money to spend.
If i were in the market to buy one, i would at least want the basic options that i like.
But then again, there's only one first HemiCuda built, if that's what you are after.
That car would be a wealth of knowledge in itself.............
Bragging rights though come into it, and there's a lot of people out there that have that kind of money and need to brag about it.
If it does sell eventually, (and i know it's been on the market for some time) i bet it goes for about 2 million.
It's a piece of Mopar history, and i hope it goes to a museum so everyone can enjoy it.
Myself, i would drive it a lot and show it here and there.
But that's me..............

Not a fan of white cars, no rally dash, no hockey strip, but it is a Hemi 4 speed.

This car has been well documented, not only for what it is now, but what it actually started as. This particular car is a pilot car, but even cooler is that it is known as the “warranty car”. Rumor has it that it started as a BH car, was taken apart to write the warranty repair book, and reassembled as a BS Hemi car for the same reason. When it was done being disassembled and reassembled, it was supposed to be destroyed but instead somehow it was shipped off to a small midwestern dealership in Indiana named Poinsette and sold with no fanfare. Lots of speculation about this car, because it has some strange parts in places where there should be others instead, and I think at least one panel has been painted, which I think was part of the warranty repair thing too. I know it had not been driven for a very long time, spending much of its time in a small museum somewhere in the Midwest also, I can’t remember where.

For that much money $3,000,000 I could build/buy a hemi cuda for every day of the week although they wouldn't be numbers matching I would get one for every purpose and with all different Hemis.
Modern challenger converted to Cuda for a daily driver with a 5.7 Hemi
protouring Hell crate
drag racing 572 Hemi
hot street/strip car Helephant
show car 426 Hemi
69 cuda for a S/S Tribute 426 Hemi
One as a beater for doing burnouts in gravel parking lots and having fun drifting through fields. And still have enough let over for a garage to keep them all in.
Although none of them would have the title status as the orginal Hemi Cuda.

This is why the hobby has become for the big money guys now.It sucks for working stiffs . Used to be our domain but no more
Yes, but on the other hand, think of all of the reproduction parts you can get for these cars today.
You can thank the prices that these older cars get at auction etc. for the reproduction market for our cars, and helping to get on the road many cars that were left for dead, stripped, what have you.
I remember a time in the late '70s to the '90s when you couldn't get much for our cars from the dealerships so we scoured junk yards to get fixable used parts (especially sheet metal) to keep them on the road.
And just think of the cars that were parted out back in the day that were good cars because of the parts being worth more than the cars whole.
It still goes on today though, sadly enough.............
And, a real '70 Hemi Cuda that sold for 10 grand in 1980 is just as affordable to me as the 300,000 one selling today.
That hasn't changed one bit!

-
Back