First Nitrous pass, and need rollcage/rollbar

-

gradedcatfood

1972 Plymouth Duster 440
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Last night for my birthday I went to the local 1/8 mile drag way and ran a 7.1 with a 100 shot of nitrous. That was with me off the button for the last 100 ft as without a rollbar I'm supposed to keep it over 7.25 which I was trying to do! The car just responded much better to the shot then expected

Wanted to show off the video and ask you guys to post photos of your rollbar/rollcage and what ET is is certified for as i'm looking to put one in the car now.

(Duster in the left lane)

Thanks!

I think (it's been a little while) that you only need a roll bar (read that as 6pt "cage") and they'll inspect the weld visually. You should not need a "certification", which is a separate inspection and gets rather involved.

Mine is also a 12 point, 8.50 cage.
(No cert)

What pics do you want?

Heres a few I've done. I've got more pics but I'll let someone else have some fun.

20190201_173856_zps77h7y0s7.jpg

20190201_173906_zpsivid97na.jpg

20190130_155019_zpsbcbp3knz.jpg

20190317_180838_zpsdxophdtm.jpg

Happy Birthday, Indeed! Daing Cope! What are you doing there? I would show that off every opportunity it came up if I could, too, that's what I call a straight up doomsday device build.... Love the metalwork ****, everytime I see it, it's like seeing it for the first time all over again, always something new in it I didn't notice before.

Last edited:
Oh, and the OP's car is awesome, too, I could watch that run on loopback all day and never tire of it!

nice pass . O.K., If you plan on going 10.49 or better you need a 12 point cage , aftermarket belts and the seat back must be bolted to the cross bar of the cage . 10.50 to 11.49 , you need a 6 point roll bar (not cage) and aftermarket belts . 11.50- whatever , no bar or cage unless it's a convertible and factory belts are o.k. Of course a puke tank , helmet , driveshaft loop and master disconnect if battery is in trunk , working headlight and taillight are mandatory .

Hey everyone,

Last night for my birthday I went to the local 1/8 mile drag way and ran a 7.1 with a 100 shot of nitrous. That was with me off the button for the last 100 ft as without a rollbar I'm supposed to keep it over 7.25 which I was trying to do! The car just responded much better to the shot then expected

Wanted to show off the video and ask you guys to post photos of your rollbar/rollcage and what ET is is certified for as i'm looking to put one in the car now.

(Duster in the left lane)

Thanks!

Man! That sounded good!

You need a 5 point minimum for a roll bar.

The et is good the mph is a bit soft. In fact the MPH doesn't get you under the 11.49 cutoff... 7.35 and faster needs a rollbar.

I have and SW race cars MS Roll bar kit for a Duster/Demon I'm not likely to use. If interested, let me know. It's an 8 point IIRC

How big of a nitrous shot are you feeding it? It launches amazingly well, what's the 60 foot time?

I bet it would have ETd close to 7 flat if you hadn't let off the nitrous at the last 100 feet, can't wait to see what it will do on a full run!

I didn't see the last 100 feet off the button. Yeah it's a 6 second pass car all the way out the back. That's why it was down about 4-5 MPH.

I didn't see the last 100 feet off the button. Yeah it's a 6 second pass car all the way out the back. That's why it was down about 4-5 MPH.

You're probably right, the car was on such a pass I was sort of guessing when letting off the button as I felt like I was hanging on for life lol It could of been closer to the last 50ft or so, not sure

I welded that competition engineering one in my duster and the loop was the important part and it fit perfect. It needed no trimming whatsoever. Actually my fish plates are still under the carpet LOL. I cut it out about a year-and-a-half ago and am putting my car into more street use and less drag use, but don't count me out for a pass or two...

My car is a dart but none of the pre bent kits fit good. I end up bending, cutting and notching them all.

They are just a starting point.

-
Back