Project Big Block 74

-
Feeling like I made some headway on my days off attempting to patch a headsized hole in my headliner fastened some backing with two part epoxy and started to use some filler to smooth it out not sure how it will work but it's a helluva lot cheaper than a new headliner

IMAG3583.jpg

IMAG3582.jpg

IMAG3578.jpg

View attachment 1715039585

Last edited:
Had to chuck the seats in just to see how it would look I'm rather happy with it so far

IMG_20170503_003918_816.jpg

Found a low mileage 8.8 out of a 99 explorer for 200$ Cdn with 3:73's pretty happy about that better than the 8.25 with 2:45's
And disc brakes to boot

I love my Lokar throttle and kickdown.
Simple and thoughtfully engineered

It lives!!!!!
so much work still to do but at least it's a driver again....
Suspension
Rear end
Subframe connectors
Body work
440 build
This could get expensive
Oh well it's only money right can't take it with me

IMG_20170907_112743_509.jpg

Going to check out a 400 this coming weekend from a 76 New Yorker the price is right it's free if I want it. Hopefully it's a candidate!

Just remember more power up front, and you will need to strengthen the rest of the driveline.

That is the only way to go.
Yeah the engine and tranny will take awhile to build as funds are available so I am planning on a spring relocate mini tub caltracs sub frame connectors and maybe the torque boxes also needing to get a Dana 60 built I hope to get it done maybe by this time next year then body work and paint

Not sure exactly
Yeah the engine and tranny will take awhile to build as funds are available so I am planning on a spring relocate mini tub caltracs sub frame connectors and maybe the torque boxes also needing to get a Dana 60 built I hope to get it done maybe by this time next year then body work and paint
Not sure exactly What I should be doing front end wise new torsion bars I think but not too sure what else

I went with an RMS AlterKtion front end. It is a little bit on the $$ side but the front end needed to be rebuilt when I was doing my tear down.

Pros: No torsion bars, room for headers, rack pinion steering, coil over shocks.
Cons: $$, the poly bushing squeak.

Just heard back from the machine shop today the 400 block is good to go for a stroker build also I'm picking up some stealth heads and roller rockers in a couple of days slow going but progress is being made

It's only gets better. Wait till you get it all together and start it up for the first time, that's almost as good as (well you know......)
:lol:

-
Back