Fix Circuit Board or Replace?

-

domdart

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Here is an image of the circuit board on the temp and fuel gauge side of my 68 Dart. Can I repair this? As always, any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks FABO.
IMG_1580.JPG

Fix it. Used a piece of wire from starting point to ending point. You got Zero to loose.

fix, use your money on something you will see.

I cut a lead off of a resistor and solder it on. They are already tinned and will solder easily.
107 (800x600).jpg

I would do pretty much what skykeith did, but in addition I would drill a small hole in the board at each end. Turn the wire down through the holes and then solder the connections. This will result in less stress on the connections.

Of course check the other side of the board to make sure nothing will short out.

Thanks for the pic skykeith. Yours melted down in the same place as mine. Any thoughts as to why?
That trace is the power for the IVR. It's a common problem when the IVR shorts out. I was fixing this one for someone, so I really don't know the history, but the IVR was replaced.

I was trouble shooting my voltage regulator to my cluster and accidentally touched the 12V to ground w it hot. Same thing happened. Thanks for the advice. I’ll be soldering in a jumper as well.

-
Back