flip top gas cap and trim plate with convetional fuel filler quarter panel


FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Dec 26, 2012
Reaction score
Vashon, WA
I have a 70 Dart and have used Damraider's adapter to install a flip top gas cap. I like how it turned out and the adapter works well. I know that most mopars with that type of filler cap had specific quarter panels with elaborate dishes to accommodate the trim piece around the filler cap. Did Chrysler ever make a car that used a flip top cap and trim ring that fit in the standard quarter panel? I saw a 66 or 67 B-body at a show recently that looked like it might have been designed for use without a special quarter, but it's hard to tell when it is installed.