Floor pan replacement on jack stands

-

autumn ash

Reaction score
Hey so my drivers rear pan was cut out before i even got the car. Ive got the pan to replace but my car is on jack stands. Is it fine to put a pan in while its on the jackstands?

20230125_073149.jpg

Yes. How do the doors close? Jack stands under the diff and front LCA's resembles the natural stance of the body. If they are in strange places such as the extreme ends of either front and or rear rails there can be body flex. If that is the only piece of the floor missing, the car did not loose structure due to that.

The doors close fine, same as they did on the ground. The jack stand in the rear are not on the differential, they are right in front of the shock mounts if i remember correctly. And the front stands are like a few inches in front of the torsion bar crossmember. Both front pans are pretty much paper thin (still have some strenght left)but rear passenger is still stront(only needs a patch).

I don't know why you'd need to. I did mine with the wheels on the floor.

The front suspension is out at the moment. I just wanted to get it done quick, guess i should wait tho.

In the factory service manual there are lifting locations.

The fronts sound like the right place.

The rears, not sure where you are talking about. But IIRC the rear location is Infront of the front spring hanger.

Assuming your floor is flat I would get measurements from the same points to ground from both sides to be sure the car is not twisted. And also x measurements to be sure it is not squed.

As mentioned if the doors shut good and the gaps look good you are probably good to go.

Side note... My 67 convertible the doors shut fine, but with the top up they are a bit tight. And if I raise one wheel they are a bit of a bear to close.

I think they are in front of the leaf spring hangers. I forgot its been on jacks for a few months.

Yes, as mentioned. Jack stands under the axle and front lower control arms will be fine. I didmine this way and came out nice.

20210807_203004.jpg

20210807_203010.jpg

20220821_165814.jpg

20220821_165804.jpg

-
Back