Floor pans?

-

JLP

Reaction score
Will a floor pan from a 67+ work in an early A body (64,65,66)????

With some work it will, but they sell the early A body floor pans so why not get the correct ones??

parts of the pan will fit perfect, other parts like the seat mounting shape, the tunnel hump is bigger and the definition lines are in a different spot. with that being said here is a shot of the rear section af a 73 dart floor pan grafted onto autobody specialties front floor pans and holes cut out to fit the newer style sebring seats.
IF your tunnel and hump section is good I'd go with the#1 choice of replacement pans #2 choice later model pans. Without a good tunnel and hump I'd get a complete early floor cut into 2 sections for easy transport or a local pickup. I am not sure if you could get a 1 piece in a sedan or 4 door or even a hardtop since it's a huge piece of metal to stuff in the window opening. easy on a convertible though :)

surprisingly the spot-welds on the 73 matched in every spot except for the seat belt locations. I did have to re-drill that hole. the rear drain plug holes right next to the rear side seat area was 1/2 inch out of place and my additional seat section did cover it a bit.
DSCF2092.JPG

Here you can see where the tunnel was narrowed down to fit the front section of the early tunnel and the rectangle holes I cut off to enable a flat seat mounting location for the newer seats.
DSCF2093.JPG

when I squished the tunnel to meet the original floor pan it brought everything into alignment spot weld wise. it's a lot of work . this is also where I learned a flux core mig sucked! I have since got a bottle and it was 1000% better on welds (whew)
and the flat pieces welded in and ready for normal seat tracks. which I changed to later model seats 1 week later.
DSCF2094.JPG

DSCF2112.JPG

I have both a complete floor section, and all 4 individual pans that were purchased from Laysons back about 7 years ago! I'm planning on using the 1 piece pan in my convertible, and just got the individual pans in a deal, so I assume that you can still get them from Laysons!

Finally somebody stepping up and keeping us in mind!!! :)
I just found that front and rear on both sides of my 65 4dr is rusted clean through. Been sitting a few years. Something tells me rain water has found a way in!! GRRR
I'll be ordering as soon as I know what all I need.

I have a donor '66 that I have been using for parts for CUDAVRT. I cut the 4-speed cap out for the v8/4-sp conversion. The remaining pan is useable, and you are welcome to it if you want to come here and remove it. I'm in nor cal. PM me and I will send you pics.
Stroker

-
Back