Floors pan and trans tunnel suggestions

-

SHEPP

Reaction score
I'm about to re-start my Dart Sport project and I need some help/suggestions.

I've got some floor pan damage that I need to address, but I also want to address the trans tunnel. I want the tunnel to be capable of accepting a modern trans (Nag1 or 8spd) if i decide on a G3 Hemi swap. I found a company that has a pre-fabbed trans tunnel setup (USCT Motorsports), which I like the idea of.

So in an effort to plan this out; what's the best way to approach and get this all done? I've attached a few photos. Thanks in advance!

20200325_180905small.jpg

20200325_181110small.jpg

20200325_181037small.jpg

20200325_180940small.jpg

$429 for floor then you could fit and weld your new tunnel (If you know proper location) before installing. Easy to work on.

Yes, I to was leaning toward redoing the entire floor. As I though about it more, it became:

A) purchase entire floor pan, install, cut out tunnel, install new tunnel -or-

B) purchase left and right front floor pans, install, test fit new tunnel, final install

I was actually talking about the ENTIRE pan that includes the tunnel.

Kendog170, yes this is what I was talking about.

the end result would be a repaired floor with the trans tunnel kit that would allow a modern transmission.

Im sorry if that wasnt clear earlier.

Now we are on the same page. You could tackle that a few ways. Even if you do the pan first, I would still want the engine/trans sitting in there before I completely removed the tunnel.

I've got some floor pan damage that I need to address, but I also want to address the trans tunnel. I want the tunnel to be capable of accepting a modern trans (Nag1 or 8spd) if i decide on a G3 Hemi swap.

That's a lot of work and $ on a (If I decide on G3 swap.) I'd do the floor and cross that bridge (If) you go Gen 3.

I agree. That tunnel is pricey.. you may not even need it. Thats why attacking the drive train 1st would be my play. You may get away with some mods of the factory tunnel.

Yes the tunnel is pricey and unless i find a real deal on floor pan(s) the material side isnt gonna change much dollar wise. So how I actually approach this will affect the labor cost more than anything. That’s why when I think of buying a full pan to install then cut them up just doesn’t sit right with me.

I know a G3 Hemi will spend sometime in this car, I'm already sitting on a complete drivetrain for it. The car currently has a decent LA based drivetrain in it. I just want to get the body and interior to a stage that i can use it when i want to while i decide and plan out the next few stages.

I like to do things right and once. i would like to do it all myself. I probably wont, so it'll be done "once and right".:lol:

Im also going to contact USCT to see if they have any input.

That trans tunnel seems excessively expensive for what it is.
Especially considering all the extra stuff you have to buy (chassis stiffening kit and transmission-specific crossmember).

I was watching Junkerup on Youtube, and in his latest video, he was doing a walk through on a car he is building for someone, and showed a very clean way to do the trans mount with a Gen 3 swap. It's in a Charger (B-body, right?) but I think the idea would work the same.

For those kind of prices, you could probably have it made locally cheaper.

Jay

Has anyone cut out a tunnel from a late model challenger or charger and used that? I would think that would be easier than building a new tunnel.

When Busted KB mention console fit nice he must be referring to the 300 console not Dart console ?

-
Back