Flow control valve snap rings

-

Hilderbrand1983

Reaction score
One more stupid question - again, a 67 Dart 270 with a .96 power steering pump.

All went (suspiciously) smooth while rebuilding my power steering pump. HOWEVER, while pressing the front insert back into place, one of the snap rings on the flow control valve disappeared. I assume that it broke and went flying across the shop; in any event, it was there, and now it is not, and I can't find it.

Does anyone know where I can get a new snap ring? I should probably get two and replace the other one while I'm at it. I know that they have a sharp edge on them, so I'm thinking that I have to special order them.

Suggestions? Thanks ahead of time for the help!

Snap rings come in standard sizes. They are "internal" and "external". Many places carry an assortment. One should work for you.

One more stupid question - again, a 67 Dart 270 with a .96 power steering pump.

All went (suspiciously) smooth while rebuilding my power steering pump. HOWEVER, while pressing the front insert back into place, one of the snap rings on the flow control valve disappeared. I assume that it broke and went flying across the shop; in any event, it was there, and now it is not, and I can't find it.

Does anyone know where I can get a new snap ring? I should probably get two and replace the other one while I'm at it. I know that they have a sharp edge on them, so I'm thinking that I have to special order them.

Suggestions? Thanks ahead of time for the help!

Snap rings come in standard sizes. They are "internal" and "external". Many places carry an assortment. One should work for you.

The local Ace Hardware has tons of different sizes and types of snap rings.
Normally one side is sharp edged due to how the dies stamp them out.

-
Back