Flow numbers and max HP potential

-
But also there's a ton of guy's that just put together ootb Eddy heads airgap some kind of 280 cam and some 10:1 pistons, and get a reasonable 1.7-1.8 hp per cfm.

But also there's a ton of guy's that just put together ootb Eddy heads airgap some kind of 280 cam and some 10:1 pistons, and get a reasonable 1.7-1.8 hp per cfm.
360 X 1.7 = 600+ HP I don’t see it. OOTB EDELBROCK heads? Well, not for a street vehicle at least. Nor N/A. With 250-ish or so cfm on the intake, I see the head and it’s port window a bit shy for the job. I suppose it is possible at the extreme end of pushing a lame head for the HP goal of 1.7, through the ceiling. Again, I just don’t see it on the street in any kind of popularity if at all. I do t know why you would want to try and shove that head through the ceiling when there are better heads to more efficiently make more power over a broader scale. It would be all so way crazy worth it to pony up the money and not be a cheap *** here.
Unless you just want to beat your chest or your rule limited. However that would work! LMAO! Imagine reading that rule.... Edelbrock RPM “ONLY!”

I also think it is not a problem. Going past the theoretical isn’t a normal street engine type of build. Also probably not what you would want to do on a NA engine. This is more likely race territory for most. It may very well be, not a very friendly driver at this point.
Posted by PRH and I quote;
Brett Miller built a Victor headed 440” SBM a couple years ago.
Made over 1000hp with heads that flowed under 400cfm.
This is exactly the kind of thing I was thinking about. Same guy.

360 X 1.7 = 600+ HP I don’t see it. OOTB EDELBROCK heads? Well, not for a street vehicle at least. Nor N/A. With 250-ish or so cfm on the intake, I see the head and it’s port window a bit shy for the job. I suppose it is possible at the extreme end of pushing a lame head for the HP goal of 1.7, through the ceiling. Again, I just don’t see it on the street in any kind of popularity if at all. I do t know why you would want to try and shove that head through the ceiling when there are better heads to more efficiently make more power over a broader scale. It would be all so way crazy worth it to pony up the money and not be a cheap *** here.
Unless you just want to beat your chest or your rule limited. However that would work! LMAO! Imagine reading that rule.... Edelbrock RPM “ONLY!”

Posted by PRH and I quote;

This is exactly the kind of thing I was thinking about. Same guy.

1.7 hp per head cfm so 1.7 x 250 cfm = 425 hp, 1.8 = 450 hp

-
Back