Flowmaster X kit vs Pypes X kit, any experience with fitment?

-

Muswagon

Reaction score
Anyone have either of these systems? Curious on fitment

pye-sma10_xl.jpg

flo-817585_vv_xl.jpg

I installed the pypes system the only problem was with the X pipe. I had to use my floor jack to spread them apart in order to bolt up to the collectors on the headers. Just recently i changed headers to tti’s and had to remake the pipe that go to the collectors. Other than that I am pleased with them. I would also recommend some better pipe hangers. The ones that are supplied work ok but they move quite a bit.

061010A0-644E-45BD-A5DD-30CCC6F39C69.jpeg

Why and X pipe? Take and X pipe and stand it on end. Drop two turds down at the same time one on each side and see what happens at the intersection. Designed for Ferds First two pics is full 3 inch TTI H-pipe. the rest of the pics are 3 1/2 inch H-pipe Dumped at the rear but continue with 2 1/2 tail pipes. Both cars make big HP Numbers X pipes killed them in the middle.

100_0118.JPG

100_0119 (2).JPG

Steve 059.JPG

Steve 060.JPG

Steve 061.JPG

I also prefer the H-Pipe but to the original question I would choose the system that sounds best to you. TTI has an H-Pipe system that you can buy with or without the mufflers. That's what I have.

Mine is a 440 with Schumacher Tri Y's, so between the X and the header boltup it will have to be custom anyway. I am more concerned with the rest of the system and how it hangs/clears/etc. I have heard issues with the Flowmaster tails not sitting correct and not being long enough to cut off the silly downturns so tips can be used? Not sure what forum. I always use X pipe. not worried about the power loss, the Schumachers are already killing so much an X won't matter. It just sounds so much better to me

Oldmanmopar, those tails are which ones? I see TTI has an option for 67-69 cuda blunt cut, and 67-76 A body turn down cut. I want my straight out tails, so would the 67-69 cuda be the right option, or is there a fitment difference between cuda specific and regular A body? Did you simply cut off the turndowns and have enough meat for tails?

Nevermind! I read the writeup on TTI website, just cut off...

Thanks guys, I did not even realize how affordable a TTI system was, and down the road it will be easy to switch to TTI correct headers if I get sick of the Schumachers...

Last edited:
-
Back