Flowmaster

-

1973dusterkid

Watch This
Reaction score
Has anyone tryed the Flowmaster 10 series muffers on a smallblock mopar and do they sound better/louder then the 40 or 44 series

I believe those are the 1 chambered mufflers ? May as well not run any mufflers. I like flowmaster but I dont like the 1 chambers.

Yeah I had them on my 65 Valiant and I am gonna run one on my D150. They are loud but they take the edge off if that makes sense.

With tailpipes all the way out the back, the one chambers ain't all that bad.

super 44's will give you the "loud as hell shake the ground" sound you want, be prepared to stick a resonator on though with either flowmaster's if you want to carry on a convo at highway speed....

Ive used both the original 2 chamber and 3 chambers and the deltaflow 2 chambers. I like the original 2 chambers best. The deltaflows are a bit deeper sounding and a little quieter.

super 44's will give you the "loud as hell shake the ground" sound you want, be prepared to stick a resonator on though with either flowmaster's if you want to carry on a convo at highway speed....

That goes along with every complaint I've read about Flowmasters "Drone in the cabin". Those were 40 and 50 series.

I run 3 inch exhaust with a X pipe and Flowmaster 40s. They are you and shake the ground pretty good. They do have a drone in the car. But they sound Great on the car. Just my 2 cents. Go to youtube and listen to the different mufflers.

I run flowmaster 10's on my car. At idle, they seem somewhat tame but when you give it the gas, they get LOUD. These are 2 1/2 but I'm probably going to change to a 3" system eventually. These are dumped at the axle so I don't think it's going to matter what I run. There is going to be drone at certain speeds. Putting some fat mat in soon so we'll see what that does for drone.

I run flowmaster 10's on my car. At idle, they seem somewhat tame but when you give it the gas, they get LOUD. These are 2 1/2 but I'm probably going to change to a 3" system eventually. These are dumped at the axle so I don't think it's going to matter what I run. There is going to be drone at certain speeds. Putting some fat mat in soon so we'll see what that does for drone.

Do they still give you a muscle car sound

I run flowmaster 10's on my car.

Could you get a video or something of how they sound?

I too am looking for that muscle car sound. Funny thing is I run 2.5 inch pipe, headers an x pipe and thrush welded mufflers. The car sounds good but it is rather quiet. My friend has headers 3" pipe no crossover pipe and thrush welded mufflers. His car shakes my house when he idles into the driveway. Its amazing what how a half an inch bigger pipe and no crossover changes the sound. my thought is go with a super 10 or cherry bomb extreme to get the car a bit louder and deeper.

If you want loud then get a Dynomax Race Bullet.......

...what he said. If you run nothing else, these are rumbly at idle and get loud fast when you romp on it. They're essentially the same as glass packs...

2 chamber flows sound good to me-always have, but the drone will make you simple minded after about 3 hrs worth of driving...never really knew about mental fatigue until I compared driving experiences in a quiet car compared to something with loud/droning exhaust. 3 chambers are a little more mellow and quieter. IIRC, the delta flows just had a different resonance to them-still sounded like flowmasters, but...different.

Had flowmaster 40 series with headers on 2 1/4 exhaust. Originally, the exhaust went all the way to the rear bumper. Sound was nice, didn't really notice any drone. One day I decided to cut the tail pipes off, so the exhaust was basically dumped right behind the muffler. Much louder and deeper sound at idle (muscle car sound), and very aggressive sounding when opening up the throttle. However, there was an incredible amount of drone with this setup. I eventually reattached the tailpipes before selling the car. So, if you're looking for a muscle car sound at idle and wot, my setup fit the bill.

Run Walker Dynomax Super Turbos. They idle pretty loud and when you stomp the skinny pedal they get really loud. A plus is not much drone at all. My dad runs these on his 68 440 Charger 2.5 inches all the way out the back. Manifolds an H pipe right in front of the bucket seats and finished with polished stainless tips. My Dart will soon be running them as well.

I have decide on flowmaster 44s with ele cutouts

Not sure what size pipe I want loud deep sound but not a truck sound would 3in be good or should I go with 2.5in

I estmate around 350=400hp
And should I run pipe stright to mufflers or do a H pipe I know a x pipe takes away some sound but will a H pipe take away sound.

I would go with 2.5 inch because at a certain point it will rob power. Unless you are goin to build a 600 HP fire breathing monster under the hood 2.5 would probably best. I run an H pipe on my car and so does my dad. There are many threads on here that debate on which is better. If I remember correctly there is not much of a difference. It also depends on who you ask.

-
Back