F'n carb

-

74sport

GuitarPlayingMoparLover
Reaction score
I rebuilt my Holley 4160 to save money for the time being. At first it was fine, but now it leaks on both side of the transfer tube. I picked up a new tube and o-rings. Is there some sort of trick to keep this POS from leaking when I throw the new tube in? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

:D Lube the O rings before you put them in with vasoline, it keeps them from binding as you install em.

Thanks, I'll lube them up first. When I rebuilt it, I put the o-rings on the tube when I put it together. Is that correct or should I put the rings in the bowls first and then put it togher?

On the tubes and put in as an assembly. Lube the holes too, any extra will dissolve any way. 8) :thumrigh:

Lube the O rings with some oil ( just get some off the dip stick ) then when they are on the tube and your putting the bowl back on, spin the tube while you push the bowl in place. It should go right on. Don't toss out the old O rings, when they get gas on them they swell up, If you let them dry, they will shrink back to normal size. Next time you make a jet change you will have O rings and oil from your engine to make things a little easier !
SIKPUP

-
Back