Fold down rear seat custom stereo?

-

dodgefreak8

Reaction score
Has anyone done anything cool with the area behind the rear seat? It's just screaming for a cool stereo/ speaker system.

00o0o_eeU4UFFF8ww_600x450.jpg

Ok so get a keg for the trunk. And put the tap in the trunk key hole. No cutting needed if you wanna go back to stock.

I had my house speakers wedged in there,big ol cerwin vegas. pioneer gm 120 driving them and an under dash sony tape deck. That setup rocked! I was the outdoor party favorite.

When i revisit the dart sound system, will be a pair of bose bookshelf size speakers i think.

No pictures from years back. I cut holes in the wood and carpet and installed component speakers w/a sub. Amps in the trunk. I’ve seen guys do 6X9’s that are a good sonic assault.

Doing a full custom build back there as we speak, it’s a great space can’t wait until it’s done.
I’m going with a JL 10in sub, two Polk Momo 61/2 with cross overs and tweeters in the rear deck two Infinity Kappa in the kick panels, 1000 watt sub amp and a 1000watt 4 Chanel for the surrounds. The head unit is a Alpine
CDE 149BT it should rock pretty good.

Doing a full custom build back there as we speak, it’s a great space can’t wait until it’s done.
I’m going with a JL 10in sub, two Polk Momo 61/2 with cross overs and tweeters in the rear deck two Infinity Kappa in the kick panels, 1000 watt sub amp and a 1000watt 4 Chanel for the surrounds. The head unit is a Alpine
CDE 149BT it should rock pretty good.

I would love to see pictures of this!

The back piece is done ready to install, 3/4 MDF, 1/4 foam backing with black vinyl.
JL 10 in W3V3 sub woifer, 2 Polk 61/2 Momo separates, crossovers and sub box are on the other side

D313A277-028C-40FA-A7C8-73F586F54FC7.jpeg

Last edited:
Back in the day a friend had a Coleman jug back there. He ran a hose up to the glove box. Think he had a piece of copper tubing for a spout. Had an electric windshield washer pump hooked up to a push button. Just hold your cup up to the glove box & get a beer or mixed drink. No open bottles in the car. Sheer genius! Had to drink fast though, as the stuff in the line warmed up fast!

I really want the panel to lay flat when its open.
Thats my preference.

Don’t think I’ll be using that space for anything else, however I do plan on putting a support under it so I can lower the seat to show off my gear.

Got the kick panels done today, infinity Kappa 4x6 two ways.
These are just ambient sound midrange High end speakers

0550C597-400D-4D73-AC75-12375F7D3CE4.jpeg

497F578F-07EF-46D0-8001-7AEE06823D45.jpeg

Last edited:
Are those speakers really thin in the kick panels? I couldn’t get that to work with ones I found. Not enough depth. I wound up buying the aftermarket kick panels that pushed the speakers out for more back clearance. I like your look a lot better.

This is awesome! Great ideas everyone. Keep the pics coming!

Are those speakers really thin in the kick panels? I couldn’t get that to work with ones I found. Not enough depth. I wound up buying the aftermarket kick panels that pushed the speakers out for more back clearance. I like your look a lot better.
Don’t know if they are going to fit lol, I’ll make them fit if they don’t.... lol
They protrude about 1inch

-
Back