Fontana Auto Club Dragway Wed Night Lights

West-Coast

1. Jesus Chrysler

Jesus Chrysler Forgiving Sins Against Mopar Since 1983

Local Time:
    11:20 AM
    Has anyone run their car at the Wednesday night street legal events?

I'm curious how thorough their inspection is. I have a 67 FB barracuda and the rules state that cars with filler necks located in the trunk require a steel bulkhead separating the driver compartment. Currently there is only the plywood folding panel. I suppose I could slap some sheet metal on it and it should be okay, but I'm interested to know what other peoples experience has been. I'm also not sure if they mean any filler neck that passes through the trunk or if they're only referring to necks that fill from inside the trunk like on a fuel cell.

2. ocdart

ocdart Inland Mopars Car Club FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    First off, I think you're going to have to head a little further east. The 'Wednesday Night Lights' are at Auto Club Dragway in Fontana.
    I don't know for sure but I can't imagine you would need a steel bulkhead separating the trunk from the driver/passenger compartment for a stock fuel filler setup. It's a common rule to require a metal bulkhead if you're running a fuel cell that fills from inside the trunk - also if you've relocated your battery to the trunk.

3. Jesus Chrysler

Local Time:
    You are correct. I didn't realize I was looking at Fontana.

I was thinking it was referring to fuel cells, but the verbiage is pretty vague.

4. flingdingo

flingdingo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    How modified is your car? If it is basically stock, you're probably fine. If its got a bunch of power adders, slicks, cage, etc... they'll probably get a little more sticky.

5. Jesus Chrysler

Local Time:
    Mostly stock. Barely modified at all

6. flingdingo

flingdingo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I've only ever drag raced nearly stock cars, and never had a problem with tech. They have looked at things like, leaking fluids, working seatbelts, etc. Take the car down and have them take a look... the worst they will say is no. But you will know what they want you to fix.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.