Ford Maverick

-
Yep

maverick was the evolution of the falcon.

curiously, the mustang changed platforms- to share with the pinto.

I helped a guy squeeze a Cleveland in one when I was in my 20s. Hedman even made headers for it. To say it was a tight fit was a huge understatement.

Mavericks make cool Race Cars

DSCN0343.JPG

The Maverick is very similar to 62 / 65 Fairlane chassis wise.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Mavericks still utilize the coil spring over the upper control arm?

I believe so.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Mavericks still utilize the coil spring over the upper control arm?
All the little Fords did. The early Falcon resembles the 65 66 mustang but in 66 Ford standardized all the unibodys, falcon, mustang and Fairlane were the same but different wheel bases. The 62-65 Fairlane was larger than the Falcon and mustang but smaller than 66 up chassis. The Maverick was very much the same size as the early Fairlane smaller than the 67 mustang larger than the early mustang. I have a 64 Fairlane and have used Maverick chassis parts on it.

All the little Fords did. The early Falcon resembles the 65 66 mustang but in 66 Ford standardized all the unibodys, falcon, mustang and Fairlane were the same but different wheel bases. The 62-65 Fairlane was larger than the Falcon and mustang but smaller than 66 up chassis. The Maverick was very much the same size as the early Fairlane smaller than the 67 mustang larger than the early mustang. I have a 64 Fairlane and have used Maverick chassis parts on it.

Yeah I knew the Falcons and Rustangs did. I've had a few Falcons. Have one now. You ever see the article I think it was Car Craft where they put a 428 in like a 67 Falcon with all ford parts. It bolted right in. That's the bigger Falcon of course, it certainly wouldn't have gone in the 66 and back, but they got it in there. Didn't cut a thing, either. lol Also.....for more sidetrackin.....LOL I remember in the old McCord and Victor gasket catalogs....you know....the BOOKS, LOL that there was a listing FOR a 428 Falcon when looking at gaskets. Remember, the 1970 Falcon was now the Torino body AND the 428 was still available in 1970. I've never seen one, but that would be a cool Falcon. lol

The new Maverick Truck says bed is 4.5 feet.

But 6 feet with tailgate down. :rolleyes:

Yeah I knew the Falcons and Rustangs did. I've had a few Falcons. Have one now. You ever see the article I think it was Car Craft where they put a 428 in like a 67 Falcon with all ford parts. It bolted right in. That's the bigger Falcon of course, it certainly wouldn't have gone in the 66 and back, but they got it in there. Didn't cut a thing, either. lol Also.....for more sidetrackin.....LOL I remember in the old McCord and Victor gasket catalogs....you know....the BOOKS, LOL that there was a listing FOR a 428 Falcon when looking at gaskets. Remember, the 1970 Falcon was now the Torino body AND the 428 was still available in 1970. I've never seen one, but that would be a cool Falcon. lol
The 428 came in 69 the Torino, same unibody as the 67 Falcon.

Ranger is here...just midsize like the Dakota to the Ram. And the Maverick is the old "Dodge" D50. Here is a 4WD version, the Power Ram 50!
ram-50-87.jpg

Old Ranger, new Ranger and Maverick

fordtrucks-finaldj-1623099466.png?crop=0.854xw:0.828xh;0.0680xw,0.png

The Drywall is on top of the wheel wells and the gate is set to "plywood prop" position so it is flush with the tops of the wheelwells. So the drywall/plywood is in fact supported minus the last ~2 feet.
So one rail road crossing and you got 6 foot sheets of drywall?

This thing is built in a similar fashion to the Escape. It's a FWD platform. We might actually look at one.

I was gonna say ranger is RWD/4WD.

Looks like maverick is FWD/AWD.

IDK what the D-50 reference was all about but the D-50 was mitsubishi.
The fomoco equivalent would be the courier (mazda).

Yeah that's my only misgiving about the Maverick. I DETEST AWD vehicles. It doesn't have a 4WD option. That's why I got this Escape. It did. It actually has a transfer case and not the dreaded viscous coupling.

The Maverick/Ranger/F150 was size classes and I was referring to Dodge's similar pickup truck size classes: D50/Dakota/Ram. I think we all had an idea the the D50 was a Mitsubishi....Luv was an Isuzu, Courier was a Mazda.......

-
Back