Forgive me my Mopar brothers. I have sinned

-

MileHighDart

Reaction score
Looked at this a few weeks ago, thought it was overpriced. Seller has dropped the price two times since then, and I had to do it.
'69 F100, 360 big block, granny gear four speed.
Towing it home from Reno to Oregon right now.
Pics to follow, they don't want to load right now.

Ford made a 360?

Didn't know that

As for the title..

Indeed they are. I don’t care much for new cars. When there an old iron ride, I say to for it. Who cares what it is. Enjoy it!

Ford made a 360?

Didn't know that
IF memory serves, that would be there smallest big block. It is not popular by any means what so ever. There isn’t much for them at all. Like our Poly engines. Good engines, not much out there to hop it up.

From what I remember hearing…. Be careful with that transmission. Don’t hound on it.

Ford made a 360?

Didn't know that

As for the title..

Not exactly rockets ... but good torque between 1500-2500 rpms...

Do you want a Desert Cooling pkg radiator for it ? I have one taking up space in my garage .

IF memory serves, that would be there smallest big block. It is not popular by any means what so ever. There isn’t much for them at all. Like our Poly engines. Good engines, not much out there to hop it up.

From what I remember hearing…. Be careful with that transmission. Don’t hound on it.
Negatory Ghostrider. The FE (Ford Edsel) line had the 332, 352, 360, 361, 390, 391, 406, 427 and 428. There was also the MEL offshoot of the FE family that consisted of the 383, 410, 430 and 462. They were FE engines too, but in the higher end Mercurys, Edsels and Lincolns (MEL)

Ughh! I had a mid-70’s Ranger. Transmissions are made of glass. One of the least memorable vehicles I’ve ever owned. It had been thrashed before I got it so hopefully yours has had more love.

Ughh! I had a mid-70’s Ranger. Transmissions are made of glass. One of the least memorable vehicles I’ve ever owned. It had been thrashed before I got it so hopefully yours has had more love.
ehhhh.....WHICH transmission? The only one I can think of that might fit that description is the C4. All the rest are about as bulletproof as a three speed auto can get. Mine has the B/W T18. Borg Warner's version of the NP435. Hardly glass.

I believe the 352 inch FE was in trucks a full size cars, there might have been one smaller....

ehhhh.....WHICH transmission? The only one I can think of that might fit that description is the C4. All the rest are about as bulletproof as a three speed auto can get. Mine has the B/W T18. Borg Warner's version of the NP435. Hardly glass.

It was a C4 as a matter of fact. I was broke 19 year old when I bought that truck and was broker after. LOL

Last/only Ford I ever owned. I know there’s a lot of good ones and I really like a short bed dent side but you know how it is. Just got a bad taste of Fords from that one experience.

My brother-in-law headed 76 short wide box 4 x 4 four-speed 360 he bought new. Drove that around a little bit. I had a 74 short wide box 4 x 4 power wagon at that time with my 383 from my Dodge charger in it it would eat that Ford alive

I have read that Ford purposely retarded the cams and the timing on their truck engines to get better low in torque. And if you re-do the timing in the cam you really bring them to life

It was a C4 as a matter of fact. I was broke 19 year old when I bought that truck and was broker after. LOL

Last/only Ford I ever owned. I know there’s a lot of good ones and I really like a short bed dent side but you know how it is. Just got a bad taste of Fords from that one experience.
I don't know WHY Ford ever put that in a truck. The lightest duty transmission they used should have been the FMX and then STRAIGHT to the C6. Even with the six cylinder engines.

I have read that Ford purposely retarded the cams and the timing on their truck engines to get better low in torque. And if you re-do the timing in the cam you really bring them to life
No, they did it for emissions. Retarding camshaft timing removes bottom end torque.

Nothing wrong with that Combo... Last motor I built was a 352. It exceeded my expectations by a mile and was basically stock. You rarely see these motors anymore...

JW

Negatory Ghostrider. The FE (Ford Edsel) line had the 332, 352, 360, 361, 390, 391, 406, 427 and 428. There was also the MEL offshoot of the FE family that consisted of the 383, 410, 430 and 462. They were FE engines too, but in the higher end Mercurys, Edsels and Lincolns (MEL)
I stopped trying to see the logic of Ford's engine "Families?" So Ford in the mid 60s made their most competitive big block. Their 427. Even a more higher technology SOHC Cammer version. They of course discontinued. And advanced their lower performance 390-460 line. Adding a Boss version of 429. That really under performed on the street/strip. So then came the 428 CJ. Not bad. But too late on the HP wars. And their small blocks? Even worse. 4 different versions of the 351. None are directly component swappable. And of course a 352. And that too is specific to that platform.

WTH Ford?

410 also. Kim

I'll take a Ford highboy 4x4 any day, really like those trucks.
I like all the old body style fords.

Negatory, it's an old farm truck, it's.had a.hard life by the looks of it. Running on 7 cylinders, barely got it up the ramp onto the dolly. It's a project that will keep me busy for a good long while. School bus yellow inside and out.

A+ Gallery_44.jpg

A+ Gallery_40.jpg

A+ Gallery_38.jpg

A+ Gallery_25.jpg

They are cool trucks . Ford designed them to do what customer bought them to do ... work. Any old truck is cool to drive. Todays trucks have too much gingerbread. No ground clearance ... no SWB std cabs... 4' beds ? WTF am I going to do with a 4' bed ?
You will love driving it.

-
Back