forgot where this connects (picture)

-

seabee

Reaction score
I am stumped. I pulled the instrument cluster out and forgot where this little cylinder was attached to. Do you know what it is and where it went. My wiring diagram doesn't show it. Thanks in advance.

IMG_0833copy.jpg

I would agree that it is the radio RF supression capacitor, the voltage limiter is contained within the gas gauge- at least it is in my 67.

That is definitely NOT a gauge voltage regulator - the regulator (when external) is a small rectangular can with two straight, flat connector 'legs'. A regulator is connected in series with the supply to limit the voltage. You show that capacitor (noise suppression is likely) connected as a parallel ground. I suspect it should be plugged into the back of the ammeter to limit noise from the alternator being picked up by the radio.

It is most definitely not a regulator, it's a capacitor used as filter for noise suppression.
A regulator would have 3 terminals anyway, this cap has only 2; the body which is grounded and the wire end.

Nice '66 seabee. Plan on bringing it to Cruisin' Grand in Escondido, or is that too far north for you?

Nice '66 seabee. Plan on bringing it to Cruisin' Grand in Escondido, or is that too far north for you?

Nice! I just looked up the event. It's not too far as long as the Mrs.'s gives me a "Man Pass" every once in awhile. I have yet to show this car or even cruise an event. Every time I think it is ready I run into something else.

Bring the Mrs. along. It's a family event. I think Friday was the first night but I missed it. I usually take my '64 out. Might take my '74 Duster there later in the summer.

-
Back