Found - 1969 Dart Convertible Rear Glass - Factory Tint?

-

Dana67Dart

The parts you don't add don't cause you no trouble
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
The seller (not me and no one I know) claims it is OE. I have no idea if the claim is valid. PM me if you are interested and I will pass the sellers number on to you.

upload_2018-2-3_13-32-16.png

I didn't look too closely maybe it was applied. seller said top guy told him to keep it due to rarity.

The seller (not me and no one I know) claims it is OE. I have no idea if the claim is valid. PM me if you are interested and I will pass the sellers number on to you.

View attachment 1715138145
nope, They(chrysler) never made that color tint. it looks purple"ish which means it's most likely an applied window tint film that has been cleaned with Windex and discolored. Nowadays a good glass rear original is a bit hard to find but not exactly "rare". For the glass rear windows you can have 2 colors, clear and a green tint. A/C cars came standard with tint, non a/c came with clear but had an option to use tinted there should be a stencil on the glass part . look for A or M51 clear,A or M52 fdor the tinted light green one.(it's iron in the glass that makes it green).... 69 year could also be a thinner A or M series 61 or 2.

Last edited:
I have one with defogger.
If it's original and came with the rear heated backlite. then it's permanently bonded on to the glass while going through the furnace and should have a black band around the outside to hide the wire soldering points and connectors. those were silk screened on using a ceramic paste made with somewhere between 97-5 to 99.2% pure ground up silver and glass paste so that they could melt into the surface of the glass and bond well. anything else is an add on.

I HAVE ONE ALSO WITH A DEFROSTER GRID ON IT.. 75.00+ SHIP IF ANYONE NEEDS A REAL GLASS CONVERT REAR WINDOW,,

-
Back