FOUND 70 340

-

TheGrateRonzini

Reaction score
5D09C58B-5829-4A15-B5D0-7CF798040031.jpeg
Howdy! Went to check out some A body and other misc Mopar fun today. Guy had a few 340s, some big blocks, a 67 Dart GT 383 among other cool stuff. One 340 is believed to be from a 70 Cuda around the Buffalo area. The story goes that the owner had motor and trans out, pushed the cuda out of the garage to straighten up and someone stopped, offered to buy the car, didn’t care about the 340/4spd. The current owner of the motor and trans said he has reached out to WNY mopar club, who apparently could care less about reuniting old hearts with bodies. Trying to see if anyone here could be of help!

Just sell the motor. Who cares about the car. Cash is Cash. Move on. Nice guys finish LAST!

Does it end in 207773 ? Hard to make certain from the photo.

For the right amount of money you would sell it to anyone. Car is probably been crushed & is now a Toyota

If you are talking to me, you do not know me.

I got a '72 340 block in a parts deal over 20 years ago & the seller told me what car it came out of. I dropped it off at the guys house on my way home, his name was Joe & he was thankful.

That was enough.

Does it end in 207773 ? Hard to make certain from the photo.
Yes.
Just sell the motor. Who cares about the car. Cash is Cash. Move on. Nice guys finish LAST!
And the guy isn’t really trying to sell it unless the car turns up. The 340s werent listed in the ad, but we got to chatting for over an hour. I asked about the 4 speed and he said it was for that motor. We talked about how it would be neat to see if the car was still around.
I’m buying a different 340 from him. It won’t match anything I have or ever will, and that doesnt matter much to me. But that is some peoples jam

There should be #'s on the front of block directly under the drivers side head. Those can be deciphered for more info. They may be very hard to see.
Good on ya for posting this up.
Hopefully it gets reunited to where it started and belongs.

OK, it is a new number to me, but it is from a 1970 Cuda. So there are only two possible VINs for the car it came from, I'll list them both here just in case the car owner Google's his VIN;

BS23H0B207773 or BS27H0B207773

I noted the block in the 1970 Hamtramck Registry database, so if I hear from the car's owner I can have him contact you.

Thanks for reporting it!

-
Back