Found - Canadian build sheets U-codes - 71 GTX & 70 Charger

-

gdrill

I AM
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine has a knack for finding broadcast sheets in cars that don't belong to them! A while back he brought home a 69 Charger that had a changed set of seats in it. Wouldn't you know there was a build sheet in the back seat. This is for a 70, U-code, triple black, I believe 4spd, Canadian build Charger. The sheet is OK and I will get the numbers. Hopefully it can be reunited with the car if it still exists.

Then today he drags a 71 Satellite Sebring Plus to my place. It is a parts car. We are looking through it and there are 2 build sheets. One for the car and one for a 71, U-code, GTX. This sheet was stuck in the wrong car almost certainly. The VIN sequence numbers are only 200+/- apart and they are the same color! Likely on the same line that day. Anyway, here is a pic of the 71 sheet. Yes it's rough, but if you own the 71 U-code GTX, it's perfect! The VIN is RS23U1G221283. It is GY9 with V21. It would be cool if someone on the forum knew of or was the owner of either of these cars.

IMG_5327[1].JPG

Last edited:
Finding broadcast sheets in cars for other cars is a very common occurrence. Of the 86 broadcast sheets shown here as they arrived in my mail box, 4 have been matched up to their cars so far.

86 broadcast sheets.JPG

Thanx TA. I know it happens fairly regularly. I have been through your site checking for stuff for my cars already! I just thought it was pretty cool that he found 2 U-code sheets in the last couple months. Being here in Canada and fairly unique cars, where the Mopar community is fairly small, there may be a chance they will be reunited. The chance may be even greater if the cars are still in Alberta. At least I can hope anyway!

The 86 broadcast sheets in that photo were found in the trunk of a car - in Canada.

But........

They are from US, Canadian & Export cars. (Overseas orders were considered export while Canadian orders were not)

The back story.

They were for sale on an an auction site, the nephew of the guy that found them all was settling his uncle's estate & found them in a binder in the trunk of one of his uncles cars.

Some were very close in actual builds but thousands of VIN numbers apart.

I would have loved to have met the uncle when he was alive & talked to him. He found some awesome information in other cars.

I have just spoke to the guy with the sheet. He will be checking on this thread and post a pic.

I went snooping around there but I didn't see a lost and found section. But I'm glad you found this. Sure hope the car can be located.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay. He is out of town but had this pic on his phone. It is only the bottom half though!

IMG_5357.JPG

I have just spoke to the guy with the sheet. He will be checking on this thread and post a pic.

I went snooping around there but I didn't see a lost and found section. But I'm glad you found this. Sure hope the car can be located.
I have the car!!!

-
Back