Going left turning right
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
70 wing window cars are 18 inches

70-72 sport body style are 25 inches

73-76 are 29 1/2 inches

73-76 will fit all,

70-72 sport body will not fit 73-76 but will work on wing window cars,

70 wing window mirror will only fit a wing window car and you won't have extra cable to deal with.

Also 70 to 72 take 2 pieces a clip and a retaining chrome nut.

73 -76 take 3 pieces the clip and a tin nut to hold it to the door and then a larger chrome cover nut to cover the door panel hole I posted some pictures of the different cables and hardware. The mirror I bought was from a 73 by the length of the cable and the chrome cover nut that was on it. But it will work on my Demon. the clip is used on all years to clock the cable end.

Here are some pictures. Also the hood pin nuts someone wanted pictures of

DSCN1772.JPG

DSCN1773.JPG

DSCN1774.JPG

DSCN1775.JPG

DSCN1776.JPG

DSCN1777.JPG

DSCN1778.JPG

Mine is missing the clip. Not like I knew how it went on anyway. I just hold mine and spin the locking nut on.

Riddler

The clip has a tab on it. there is a slot on the top of the hole in the door. The clip has a flat spot so it only goes on the control one way one way. When the tab goes in the slot it assures that when you move the little lever up the mirror goes up. Down is down and so forth. I have never seen these clips forsale anywhere. The nut most often seen is for 73 models when the control is through the door panel. It holds the control in place until the door panel is installed. The chrome facia nut on a 73-76 is for appearance trim to cover the hole in the panel.

-
Back