Freds 73 Scamp restore on a budget

-
Morning Charlie was going to use the ones off my 340 and just clean them up for now.
I was looking at a new alternator a one wire hook up but don't know how to hook it up to the amp gauge. Also a new set of headers I have a set of short tube ones from headmen but not going to use them. Thinking TTI.
like this?Catalog

I had my TTI's before installing engine, and hung them in rough position before putting in engine. I have done some engine work and headers won't come out past engine either way.
I have a 7 blade HD fan on a Murray 2947 thermo-clutch. That is the extra short model. I use the Champion CC374B aluminum 26" radiator. I had originally had flex fan on but found little crack, so replaced w chrysler repro.
So Gary with that set up are you good on the street for like 100 miles without any problems?

Wow yea BP My wiring terminal was the same burnt and spliced. Thanks that helps a lot.
Don't thank me. Thank MAD. Good luck. Another thing, don't bank on that 340 crank pulley being correct for the 360 balancer. Not saying it wont work but a little skeptical.

So Gary with that set up are you good on the street for like 100 miles without any problems?
I don't know about 100 miles, but have driven in Devils Run parade for an hour with just above normal warm at end. Drove on hiway a few miles & came right down to normal. Never any problems at the drags. I usually only drive 10 miles around area.

Don't thank me. Thank MAD. Good luck. Another thing, don't bank on that 340 crank pulley being correct for the 360 balancer. Not saying it wont work but a little skeptical.
I thought you were talking about the V belt pulleys The balancer came with the engine.
But you know me need to keep both eyes on me.
Balancer came with the engine Crank is internally balanced.
20191208_200308 (1).jpg

You will probably have to take off the damper bolt and washer before the pulley goes on. Also pending what year the crank pulley is, you may only get 5 bolts back in it. Early ones have an offset bolt. I ran one with 5 bolts forever. No issues.

I don't know about 100 miles, but have driven in Devils Run parade for an hour with just above normal warm at end. Drove on hiway a few miles & came right down to normal. Never any problems at the drags. I usually only drive 10 miles around area.
Seems if you made it through the parade it is good.

Or you can slightly enlarge the offset hole to let all 6 bolts fit.
That balancer looks like a Trick Flow?
Fred make sure to verify TDC with that balancer, just to be safe.
Looks awesome!
You will probably have to take off the damper bolt and washer before the pulley goes on. Also pending what year the crank pulley is, you may only get 5 bolts back in it. Early ones have an offset bolt. I ran one with 5 bolts forever. No issues.

20191208_211600.jpg
looks like a easy fix have to bolt it up to make sure.

When I brought up the pully subject, I was more concerned about belt alignment than I was about bolt alignment.

20191210_165343.jpg
Wanted to put this on before I put the engine in but just got it today. Never used it but was told it works great to coat all the bare metal like my heads and intake manifold. Just poor some on a rag and wipe it on.

I have heard goods things about Shark Hide. I don't know about bare aluminum, but a guy that works for us builds custom metal counter tops uses it
I guess will find out in a year or so how it works on aluminum.

Just finished putting a coat of Sharks Hyde on my bare aluminum heads and intake also every thing on the engine that is bare metal so hope it works. Didn't change the color or go on streaky.
20191214_151738.jpg

20191214_190528.jpg
Painting parts today and gluing the new sunroof seal in all takes time.
First time I have ever taken a pulley down to metal and repainted them and know one will ever pay any attention to them but me.

Cruising right along Fred, Looking Good. I wish we didn't live across the country from each other. I would love to just pop in, help out and BS for awhile.
Would be nice if we could I would like to taste your home made beer and check out your cars. Hopping next summer getting up your way and hope you might get a chance to come over this way.

-
Back