Freds 73 Scamp restore on a budget

-
He can link it from here Fred. I think its OK Johnny. I cant know if the link might break some day. New to all this stuff.
New to me and still can't figure it out. Thanks Charlie a good friend and you put up with me.

Got the Scamp running today started right up but tranny line at the radiator is pissing out fluid so had to shut it down.
I did what Blue Print engines recommended using Royal Purple break in oil and pulled the plugs to get the oil pressure up then rechecked the timing and she's running great.
I am a happy camper I almost pissed myself when she fired off so fast.
Having a drink to celebrate. Cheers all.
I watched the video and sounds great. It is a relief when it fires off that quick. Conrats, a beer well earned.

Got the Scamp running today started right up but tranny line at the radiator is pissing out fluid so had to shut it down.
I did what Blue Print engines recommended using Royal Purple break in oil and pulled the plugs to get the oil pressure up then rechecked the timing and she's running great.
I am a happy camper I almost pissed myself when she fired off so fast.
Having a drink to celebrate. Cheers all.
Hell yea! Sounds great!

I didn't know there was a difference.
It is entirely possible that was a play on words.
XIHObCKJda_qga3kXBzIe14i01sIjyYdzfOBIBBHFkG7tvcGJE5NXyD5Dgpc4WkGxMAaWb0xyYSJA_kjnE0MwOznwiAbbRHc.jpg

20200224_215417.jpg
Been out to the garage this morning and it has that new engine smell, better than spring air. lol

20200225_183404.jpg
Got my new alternator today and this looks like the only place to mount it because the heads over lap the block. SOOO have to build some brackets. But first gonna think about it any ideas would be great.

The factory brackets will work in the stock location.
You may need to adjust the spacer length.

Sorry this is the best pic I could find.

8Umodb.jpg

-
Back