Freds 73 Scamp restore on a budget

-
That would be fun. Two old farts busting their asses and drinking loads of whiskey. Gonna need a k-member and suspension. I have an extra 8.75.
I got a K member and enough whiskey to get it on the road I think. lol

Hey Fred. The Scamp looks great. Those windows are super clear.
I finished polishing the Challenger, thanks for the loan of the polisher. It took most of the scratches out but was afraid of taking too much off the paint. If you are passin thru I will get eqipment back to you. Maybe in week I could run up to your place.

Hey Fred. The Scamp looks great. Those windows are super clear.
I finished polishing the Challenger, thanks for the loan of the polisher. It took most of the scratches out but was afraid of taking too much off the paint. If you are passin thru I will get eqipment back to you. Maybe in week I could run up to your place.
Hey Gary no hurry I still have your torque wrench to bring back and if you need to polish any more of your cars go right ahead. I'll be up your way in a week I'm thinking but if you end up over here that would be great I'll get the old truck out so you can take it for a drive.

I have a driveline too. I'll even bring my own glass. lol Got an extra set of Rally wheels. Ha. That would be fun if the whole web site did a build for charity.
Got me thinking about that charity Idea, I think with all the people here with spare parts and knowledge we all could build a hell of a car.

Awesome job Fred. Looks show winner from where I sit. Friend send me a message sayin "old cars, cause dying rich is dumb!"

Awesome job Fred. Looks show winner from where I sit. Friend send me a message sayin "old cars, cause dying rich is dumb!"
Thanks my friend.
Yep gonna have fun hording old cars to drive, much better than cash in the bank....

I think you should start a new thread about the charity build. I don't see a problem with the parts, only who is going to put it together? May collect some funds to reimburse the builder.

I think you should start a new thread about the charity build. I don't see a problem with the parts, only who is going to put it together? May collect some funds to reimburse the builder.
That's the hard part getting enough guys to gather to help build it. I don't think one guy will want to do it himself.

Well just after I got my car back together I toasted my tranny.
SOOO take it out and fix it, I rather do body work than pull a tranny and put it back in but what the hell live and learn.

How many miles did you get out of it ? LOL , I had to pull my engine back out about 2 weeks after I got mine put together.

How many miles did you get out of it ? LOL , I had to pull my engine back out about 2 weeks after I got mine put together.
Just about 2000 miles I just put the last of the car together but next time the kick down will be adjusted right I think. lol

20201002_120259.jpg
Tranny is out and took 3 beers 3 bathroom stops and 1 band aid. Was 4.5 hours and could have done it in my sleep but the old body doesn't move the same anymore.

Taking the tranny to De Moines Ia. to have a friend rebuild that knows his Mopars and has a 67 I think rag top Cuda he just restored.
About 800 miles one way but I need to get out of my house and do something different.

20201002_170523.jpg
Gear Vendor Off Lon gonna fit in my car real good. Thanks for the advice I'll see ya next weekend my friend.

Sorry to read of transmission troubles Fred. By the sounds of it you've got skilled people willing to help. :thumbsup:
Enjoy the trip!

Sorry to read of transmission troubles Fred. By the sounds of it you've got skilled people willing to help. :thumbsup:
Enjoy the trip!
Thanks Steve. Met Lon last year at a car show and has helped me a lot but sure is a shame I was stupid in setting my kick down linkage right. But live and learn I guess.
Glad to see yours in the garage hope you get lots done this winter.

It will be better than ever when your done! Hopefully the last big problem.

It will be better than ever when your done! Hopefully the last big problem.
Sure hope so and will have all winter to make sure I din't screw something else up.
You put your's away for winter yet or still driving it?

-
Back