Freds 73 Scamp restore on a budget

-
With that cup holder, there's no need to say, "Hold my Beer!", just put it in the cup holder. :)
LOL for sure but when I drive it's a big coffee mug going in the cup holder and when I park for the night then a beer or 2.

I got stainless cup holders for a boat from Academy Sports that worked good for me

I got stainless cup holders for a boat from Academy Sports that worked good for me
Been trying to do everything on my car by my own hand as much as I can.
I lack knowledge in a lot of areas mostly drive train and thanks to all you guys I'm learning.

nice. getting all those bends to line up in the right place after the first one is the tough part. looks great

nice. getting all those bends to line up in the right place after the first one is the tough part. looks great
Sure was hard but I guess I got lucky and they all came out pretty straight.
Nice I don't have to redo it.

20201229_155752.jpg
20201229_155908.jpg
20201229_160821.jpg
Snowed all day here so couldn't go to town to buy the stuff I needed to finish the console but here is what I got today.
She fits pretty good and no the brown floor mats are just there to collect dirt not using them, will go with black floor mats.
Will trim it off with wood and hope I can match the factory fake wood grain.
The pistol grip I will try and make wood on the sides to finish it off as well.

Looking great. You have done an awesome job from start to finish on this beautiful car

Lookin Good Fred. You'll have to start a new project car by spring !
Kinda burnt out on cars for a bit Al I just bought a Honda 90 step through I think it's a 1965 that I'm gonna play with next. It's in nice shape and will get some pictures as soon as it arrives.
Been a dirt bike rider most of my childhood and the last 15 years tried to get back into riding but I keep falling on my butt and can't ride like I use to SOOO a putter is next can't get hurt to bad on a 90. lol

Console looks great Fred! Can’t wait to put my beer in the holder! I think I have a spare wood grained pistol grip hurst shifter laying around if you want to try and Morph your shifter into some kind of hybrid? I will heliarc it up if you want to mess with it? Hemi says to tell ya hello!

Console looks great Fred! Can’t wait to put my beer in the holder! I think I have a spare wood grained pistol grip hurst shifter laying around if you want to try and Morph your shifter into some kind of hybrid? I will heliarc it up if you want to mess with it? Hemi says to tell ya hello!
Got the wood and stain to make everything just not good with wood but will do my best.
This console is kicking my butt John but next one will be better. I'll make you one if you want just gotta widen it out to fit the tunnel.
Miss you all cheers my good friend..

20210105_120816.jpg
Compartment lid and hinges are done but I tried to cover it with pad and vinyl and I never tried to sew before and screwed it up big time. I have no sewing machine just a needle and thread and not even gonna post pictures of my screw up. lol

View attachment 1715664249 Compartment lid and hinges are done but I tried to cover it with pad and vinyl and I never tried to sew before and screwed it up big time. I have no sewing machine just a needle and thread and not even gonna post pictures of my screw up. lol
That would look really good in my Scamp, let me know when you start making reproductions! Steve

-
Back