Friends......

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
How many of us have friends that give you a headache when you talk to them?
I have buddy...well..sometimes after I talk to him my head hurts. I will be the first to admit that I can be annoying at times. And that I am far from the most intelligent person but....
This guy...college educated. Very well spoken. Polite. Good at problem solving. But there are times that some of the things he will say make me want to just slap him wiith a 2×4....

They are out there. But think of it this way. You don't give them a headache or they wouldn't call! Friends are a golden commodity, to all of us.

A good friend will always tell you things that you don’t want to hear or makes you want to punch them for saying it.

That’s why we keep calling them friends...they don’t hold back. Yet are always there for us.

Why? Because they care more about YOU and telling you what’s best for you to hear than just saying what preserves your feelings. They know you deserve better than being placated by a soft fuzzy that does you no service.

As long as that "Really Good Friend" will help me hide the bodies!

I do for sure. I have this buddy he is a great guy give you the shirt off his back but he is one of those guys that loves to argue. He will argue over anything he will ask for your opinion then tell you why you are wrong! Lol and he uses stupid analogies that make no sence I always leave our conversations feeling like I lost some brain cells! On top of an arguer he is a one upper! So he will tell you why and where you are wrong and then tell you why his is better Haha damn its annoying but he is a good ole boy lol

I do for sure. I have this buddy he is a great guy give you the shirt off his back but he is one of those guys that loves to argue. He will argue over anything he will ask for your opinion then tell you why you are wrong! Lol and he uses stupid analogies that make no sence I always leave our conversations feeling like I lost some brain cells! On top of an arguer he is a one upper! So he will tell you why and where you are wrong and then tell you why his is better Haha damn its annoying but he is a good ole boy lol
those analogies are crazy
i remember the one where two people were splitting up, and everyone was arguing over who got the kids
off course everyone agreed the kid belonged to aunt susan, since the carried them for 9 months and this and that
finally, uncle John spoke up and he said
"if i throw a buck in a vending machine, and a pack of smokes comes out, who do the smokes belong to, me, or the vending machine?"
so, the kids go with uncle chuch

those analogies are crazy
i remember the one where two people were splitting up, and everyone was arguing over who got the kids
off course everyone agreed the kid belonged to aunt susan, since the carried them for 9 months and this and that
finally, uncle John spoke up and he said
"if i throw a buck in a vending machine, and a pack of smokes comes out, who do the smokes belong to, me, or the vending machine?"
so, the kids go with uncle chuch
Lol that's funny never heard that before. Lol I have another buddy different guy.. he is from this little coal town near the wv line and he has some of the craziest analogies. He said "its tighter that dicks hat band" and "more whatever than Carter's got liver pills" he has s bunch more I can't remember off the top of my head but none of them make sence haha.

Small world.
I didn't know that you knew my brother.
He can be very contrary, but is a great guy overall and has helped me a lot.

if you threw in "and he never shuts up", I would have thought we knew the same guy LOL

My friend’s son is an idiot. I wish he would shut the hell up.
I have refused to do any more work,thanks to his son.

The occasional customer while hanging out during repairs now banished from shop for the same reason. They get in your head,and wont leave.

Most of my friends,i prefer to call them good friends. there are few.

Here's something to take the pressure off:wtf:
I thought I had a really good Bible-study friend,:) but when I told him I thought the earth might not be a ball, :BangHead: without hesitation, he laughed me to scorn.
:rofl:
That was the beginning of the end.:popcorn:
He got into my head too,:elmer::) but in a good way; he really knew his Bible verses. :thankyou:Several months later, I could tell we were on different paths, :( and so one day, inevitably, it was over :(,
and I was back to being alone;:welcome: but I sure did learn a lot from that man.:thankyou:
After high-school (72),and up to 2012,for 40 years, I had always been alone. For the next 5 years we met once a week. Since late 2017, I have again been alone, and I like it that way.:D

Now, if anyone could take this slightly used headache maker of mine :realcrazy:...... I told her one day that if she wanted to divorce me, she could have everything, and I would just go out and start over.:D After that my head stopped hurting for awhile.:thankyou:We've been together since spring of 1976,:p so mostly I pretend to be hard of hearing. That's pretty easy cuz she talks so dang quiet,lol.:lol:

Last edited:
Hangonaminute
I got lots of friends right here on FABO. Many who's keyboard-company I really enjoy.
But I have the distinct advantage of the off-button,lol. And there's no talking over eachother. And I have lots of time to formulate my thoughts,before pressing "enter", which makes it really hard to put my foot in my mouth.

Hangonaminute
I got lots of friends right here on FABO. Many who's keyboard-company I really enjoy.
But I have the distinct advantage of the off-button,lol. And there's no talking over eachother. And I have lots of time to formulate my thoughts,before pressing "enter", which makes it really hard to put my foot in my mouth.

I still manage to put my foot in my mouth at times:BangHead:

I still manage to put my foot in my mouth at times:BangHead:
agree, as in....me too. didn't want that to be taken wrong. as in 'foot in mouth' LOL
but, I always notice that some people take it the way it wasn't meant, or I say it wrong (usually the problem).
life's short, if I get a black eye because I thought they said 'stand up', oh well, been there, done that.

People? Most just want you to affirm what their opinion is, just want you to agree with whatever.
Some just want a kick dog, someone to hurt when they feel down, wronged, unhappy, whatever.
Some just want a friend that makes them look good.
Some are just nuts.

Occasionally a true friend will come along. If so, cherish

one friend I had many years ago has good heart, no bashing, arguing, or any of the sort, super nice guy, but he talks......and I mean non-stop, about NOTHING! and I mean from the minute he would show up to the minute he left. I never understood how someone could talk about so many useless things. we always wondered what went on in his brain, and how he breathed.

one friend I had many years ago has good heart, no bashing, arguing, or any of the sort, super nice guy, but he talks......and I mean non-stop, about NOTHING! and I mean from the minute he would show up to the minute he left. I never understood how someone could talk about so many useless things. we always wondered what went on in his brain, and how he breathed.
I have a 2.5 year old grand-daughter like that,lol; yakity-yakity-yak all day long

-
Back