Front brake rotors

-

1968340S

Reaction score
Have to replace my rotors 69 Barracuda. These old rotors are Century made and both sides are 7/16 x 20 right hand thread studs w/small bolt at 11". Not sure if these hubs are Century or original, being that driver side is now right hand thread studs. Can't locate new rotors with hubs. Do I need to press of the hubs and just purchase the rotors and mate back together?

Rotors are sold separate. You press off the old hub and mate with the new rotor. It's a good deal — saves you from doing bearings at the same time, though repacking is a good idea. The fact you have all RH studs just means someone else replaced rotors earlier and decided not to deal with the LH lugs any more — not surprising considering the age of the car.

BTW, you can buy very nice slotted cross-drilled rotors for basically the same price as the made-in-India stock OEM replacements, if you want an upgrade.

I just did my 68 not long ago and decided to install all new rt. hand thread studs it's easy as long as you have a press or a nice size vice. Just press out the studs change the rotor and press the studs back in.
Bob

064.JPG

Rotors are sold separate. You press off the old hub and mate with the new rotor. It's a good deal — saves you from doing bearings at the same time, though repacking is a good idea. The fact you have all RH studs just means someone else replaced rotors earlier and decided not to deal with the LH lugs any more — not surprising considering the age of the car.

BTW, you can buy very nice slotted cross-drilled rotors for basically the same price as the made-in-India stock OEM replacements, if you want an upgrade.
like to put some slotted on. Recommendation where to purchase. I will be installing new bearings, pads, ect..

I have them on 3 cars, all different brands, never had a squealing issue. Culprit is more likely to be metallic pads.

Summit Racing has the Stop Tech rotors for $89.19 each. They are handed, left and right. I think they were $75 when I bought mine. I might have bought them on eBay.

I notice the OEM rotors have gone way down in price... I remember when they were $100 each and crappy quality. The Centric rotor looks pretty nice at $26.99.

-
Back