FRONT BUMP STOP BRACKET REMOVAL

-

brewil

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

How does one remove the bump stop bracket on the front frame rail.

I have a tubular suspension with a shock support and the original bump stop bracket is getting in the way...and I don't need it.

I don't want to grind it off and grind into the frame rail.

Thanks in advance

Brett

It’s spot welded on just like everything else. Find the spot welds and drill them out. A spot weld cutter would be better to maintain the frame rail integrity vs. a drill bit, although the bracket is a bit thicker so you’ll have go slower and be more careful not to break the cutter compared to cutting body panels.

You mean the bump stop bracket for the upper control arm that the round pointed rubber bumper screws into?

That you can sawzall off and grind close.

The bumpstop on the lower rail is welded on pretty good. It’s a thick piece spot welded to a thinner metal. Is it stitch welded too? Can’t remember. Years ago I helped Alltimeracing cut this out and move it up for ground clearance.

In you case I’d cut the nub off that’s the clearance issue and grind close or weld edges shut. It welds lousy down there. The metal is old, OE rustproofing dip in every corner, and grease hidden.

Hi everyone,

How does one remove the bump stop bracket on the front frame rail.

I have a tubular suspension with a shock support and the original bump stop bracket is getting in the way...and I don't need it.

I don't want to grind it off and grind into the frame rail.

Thanks in advance

Brett
I got mine off with an air chisel and then ground the leftovers from the welds down smooth.

-
Back