Front Bumper question

-

JimMac

Reaction score
I have had such great success getting answers on this site so here is another question.On my 65 Valiant where the front bumper goes around the front fender there is a bolt hole, and on the front fender there is a hole also. Is there a bracket that should be there to connect the bumper to the fender? When I took it apart there was just a bolt in the bumper to fill in the hole and not connected to anything.
20200304_153004 front bumper.jpg

I have had such great success getting answers on this site so here is another question.On my 65 Valiant where the front bumper goes around the front fender there is a bolt hole, and on the front fender there is a hole also. Is there a bracket that should be there to connect the bumper to the fender? When I took it apart there was just a bolt in the bumper to fill in the hole and not connected to anything. View attachment 1715497115
A brace goes there.
1585606588732284347820395684509.jpg

Magnum is correct although some people leave them off in case you happen to bump it on something to keep from kinking the fender

Magnum is correct although some people leave them off in case you happen to bump it on something to keep from kinking the fender
Thanks to both of you. I thought that was what should be there. I think the main reason it was there was that in those days you used a bumper jack to lift the car and it would help. I do not have those braces so will just put bolts in the bumper .

-
Back