Front disc brake conversion kits

-
Looking for the best company to order a front disc brake version kit from. Any help much appreciated. Thanks Dave
LOTS of variables here...
What are you putting it on?
Do you want big bolt pattern (5x4.5) or small bolt pattern (5x4)?
A factory style setup or mondo brakes that could stop a 747?
Any limitations due to your preferred wheel size?

As the Professor said, A bit more info would be helpful
I'm only guessing from your question in April, you have 15" wheels, yes? Based on that assumption, I'd also venture a guess we are talking 15X4.5?
a stock components "Cordoba" 11.75 setup might be up your alley.
Of course this is all speculation based on the abundance (sarcasm font) of information provided.

As the Professor said, A bit more info would be helpful
I'm only guessing from your question in April, you have 15" wheels, yes? Based on that assumption, I'd also venture a guess we are talking 15X4.5?
a stock components "Cordoba" 11.75 setup might be up your alley.
Of course this is all speculation based on the abundance (sarcasm font) of information provided.

Dave, click on "reply" and respond below the quote.

63 Dodge b body with big block. 15x4 and 1/2 steelies. I'm sure there is a lot of information on the site, I'm just looking for those who have had personal experience with various kits.

Best company is Doctor Diff. Customer service is second to none. I haven't bought a brake kit from him, but I've bought other products. I have done a brake conversion on a B-Body with stock parts. Many of Dr. Diff's kits are based on stock parts, which means replacement parts availability even if he stops selling them.

Best company is Doctor Diff. Customer service is second to none. I haven't bought a brake kit from him, but I've bought other products. I have done a brake conversion on a B-Body with stock parts. Many of Dr. Diff's kits are based on stock parts, which means replacement parts availability even if he stops selling them.
Yup, plus the fact that he sells everything from stock type kits up to the big 13" Cobra discs- just need to know what the OP's goals are.

63 Dodge b body with big block. 15x4 and 1/2 steelies. I'm sure there is a lot of information on the site, I'm just looking for those who have had personal experience with various kits.

15" wheels opens up the possibilities and options. IMHO, it becomes more a question of availability and customer service.

Many, many posts, but you should be on the B-body forum. Scarebird is least expensive.

Keep in mind red calipers make you go faster and look cool doing it

Mopar stock large bolt or small bolt systems in new or good repair are great choices.
...but you didn't want to hear that.

Mopar stock large bolt or small bolt systems in new or good repair are great choices.
...but you didn't want to hear that.

yeah , I procrastinated on a complete newly rebuilt set up , think it was hemgtx was selling a while back , big mistake on my part . As always, when the deal is there ,I aint got the coin .

I used SSBC (now SSBC-USA) on my '71 Dart GT. It offers either large or small bolt pattern (I chose small as my car has a factory small bolt pattern 8 3/4" rear-end). It was expensive, but a very complete kit. I would use them again.

FYI factory 14" X 5 1/2" STEEL wheels did not fit on my car. However, the factory 14" X 5 1/2" RALLYE wheels fit my car.

I used SSBC (now SSBC-USA) on my '71 Dart GT. It offers either large or small bolt pattern (I chose small as my car has a factory small bolt pattern 8 3/4" rear-end). It was expensive, but a very complete kit. I would use them again.

FYI factory 14" X 5 1/2" STEEL wheels did not fit on my car. However, the factory 14" X 5 1/2" RALLYE wheels fit my car.

so how 4expensive was it ?

-
Back