Front end kit….?

-
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a 71 valiant /6 with manual front disk brakes. Small bolt pattern
I purchased the front suspension and brakes out of a 76 dart with power dick brakes and big bolt pattern.

My question is what rebuild kit I need for the swap. The kits from the small bolt pattern cars and the big bolt pattern cars look like they are different, especially the lower ball joint piece. Do I need both kits to make this work..?

I’ve been reading around the forums but am looking for some clear direction from someone who has done this.

Thanks for the help.

A007FAF0-E929-4F92-9056-9D6576995DCA.png

68013033-F9E0-48A1-AB61-F26267C41D3D.png

5C3611F6-ED77-4BC2-93B8-4584FF5E68BD.png

Basically everything you need will be for the ‘76 suspension and brakes, unless you buy a kit with the pitman and idler arm which will need to be the earlier items unless you switched the center link too.

Upper and lower ball joints are different for the later BBP disks, so are the upper control arms (larger upper ball joints)

Get the 73 up Big bolt pattern kit. You will need the strut rods for that kit . The 67-72 have fine threads and are shorter flange to flange then the 73-76 style with the coarse thread.

If using the big bolt spindles you will also be using the Big ball joint upper A-arms. They make and sell a spacer to use the small ball joint upper arms . I would avoid them if possible.

Put the calipers in the rear of the spindles and use 72 b-body hoses. The calipers in the rear allows the use of the 72 and older stabilizer bar. As far as Poly verses rubber for the street.

I avoid the poly kits. Although there are others that love them to death. I have several that came here to be switched back to rubber. They didn't get the 100,000 miles like many claim. But there could be 100's of mechanics out there that are not lubing up correctly.

susp1.jpg

susp4.jpg

I am also wondering if my 71 Manuel disk brake front parts will fit on my sons 66 valiant /6 with drums. It could be an upgrade for him.

I am also wondering if my 71 Manuel disk brake front parts will fit on my sons 66 valiant /6 with drums. It could be an upgrade for him.
Yes the the parts will interchange with your sons 66 Valiant. Should be a straight forward swap.

James From
PST

-
Back