Front end rebuild - what's it worth?

-
I would never do it on an estimated price unless you were prepared to work for $50/hr an hour or less. The customer needs to appreciate this. Its not a 10 year old car. I dropped my suspension recently. Two upper control arm bolts were seized and broke, one torsion bar was seized and one LCA shaft has issues. This all eats time fast.

I did both of my Cuda’s. It is NOT a 4 hour job. Plus every part I removed I took to work and sandblasted. Then painted with heavy industrial paint. I also welded the box plates on the lower control arms. On my 68 all 4 cam bolts were seized to the inner sleeve. I don’t have a torch so I should’ve air arced them out and not F around. The upper bushings were easy, wafer wheel.

I would do it again for $1000 and put a reasonable time limit on it.

I am currently having the ENTIRE front suspension rebuilt on my 70 Dart with KelseyHays front discs.
He is charging $60 an HR. I was lucky to find him, it seems that there aren't that many guys anymore who know their way around Mopar torsion bar suspension.
Here's what I'm getting done for 16 hrs at $60 hr =$960 Labor
I supply parts

There's no rust, oil, or dirt to deal with

Complete rebuild, plus 1.03 PST bars, 16:1 fast ratio steering box, r&r front wheel studs, new hub bearings and seals, tack weld stud heads

I think that's a fair deal, especially because I did NOT want to do it myself !!

-
Back