Front end rebuild

-

Tad

Reaction score
0EBEEC90-CB8F-4A48-A567-041D5D9C84A7.png
With so much time on my hands I’m looking to rebuild the front end of my 65 dart. any feedback on this kit or which is the best kit? Looks like individual pieces are much more expensive.

I got the PST polygraphite one. It worked well for my application (only 50 miles maybe driven on it so far) it's also the only kit I've ever used.

That kit you posted is probably all moog rubber replacement bushings so I would assume it would work good as well.

I'm in the process of installing that same kit in my 68 Barracuda ... The kit looks and fits very well . You will need a good press for the lower control arm bushings .. They are a bugger . Also don't be afraid of using you-tube . I needed a hot wrench many times to get mine apart and a welder ..Enjoy

I'm in the process of installing that same kit in my 68 Barracuda ... The kit looks and fits very well . You will need a good press for the lower control arm bushings .. They are a bugger . Also don't be afraid of using you-tube . I needed a hot wrench many times to get mine apart and a welder ..Enjoy
I replaced the A arm bushing in my super bee. It was a job. I used a tool that required me to turn a clamp/press by hand. It worked but was tough.

Took my lower control arms to a machine shop to press in my bushings and bolts . 28$ well well worth it ..

I got the same kit from A-Resto, only for my 71 Scamp. Everything seems to be good quality so far. As others have said, the lower control arm bushings are tough!! My service manual says to remove the inner bushing, and then cut the outer sleeve out with a chisel. Ain't no stinking way that's gonna happen, because I tried. I'm going to try the tap method and see how that works.

So how exactly did you use a hot wrench and welder to get them out? I'm curious.

welded a washer the same size as the sleeve your trying to get out .. welded it to the sleeve . took a half inch drive 6 inch extension from my socket set . used as a punch and hammered it against the washer to knocked it out . Took it to the shop to press new one in . look on you tube

That makes sense. I found a video on YouTube by Tom Bishop that explains in detail every step, even removing the inner sleeve from the shaft.

-
Back