Front end swap inbound

-

Craig Burriss

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was considering doing the Crown Vic front suspension swap on my sweptline, but then I wouldn’t be able to use my awesome new 15” slot mags. I really like QA1 parts, but their front end kit is almost 4k (without brakes). Did some research and found out about the first gen Dakotas. IFS, rack and pinion steering, and disc brakes that clear 15s! And like most dodges, it shares most of its parts with other Mopars, like the brake rotors I need to run these 5 lug wheels (most Dakotas are 6x4.5)
I was planning on buying what was left of the the truck that this front end came out of, but the night before I went to get it (after already borrowing a trailer) the seller messaged me saying he ate a bunch of mushrooms and he’d be super weird when I got there… if he could even get up. I showed up late hoping he’d be awake by then, but he wasn’t. I ended up just hacking the frame in half with a sawsall and leaving some money in the glovebox. Never even met the dude lol. Those must have been some serious mushrooms because that sawsall was making one hell of racket right outside his house. Add that to the reasons I hate Facebook marketplace.
At least he still has parts to sell and I don’t have a hideous carcass of a truck laying in my yard.
0B4A490B-D38D-41E8-AE18-93ED63739106.jpeg

3F8E2D8E-C142-476B-A071-16CF98E0503C.jpeg

97FCEBCC-79E7-43BF-9393-654331B9C96C.jpeg

That's a good one, at least he was honest! Good grab, you can use easy to obtain parts. 65'

Well, I just hope it was actually his yard he sent you to!!!

-
Back