Front frame rails replace

-

Pete69

Reaction score
Hey i am replacing rad support,both front framr rails with attached crass member as one unit in 69 dart gts...any advise would be appreciated..thanks Pete

I would start by putting your car on a jig, which you will probably have to build.

Welcome to the group.

Download the FSM with all the chassis measurements from mymopar.com, you need all the measurements and cross measurements.

Make sure you level the chassis and lay everything out- plumb bob and project the chassis measurements down onto the floor or frame table.

If the car is complete now, level the chassis and take all the measurements laid out in the FSM and record them before taking anything apart. The more measurements you take before you tear the car apart the better off you’ll be when it goes back together.

Take lots of measurements and double check them. These cars are just spot welded together, making sure everything is square and true will be more time consuming than the welding will be.

Here is one that I replaced the whole clip . Its easier putting the crossmember in first. I have other pics of other cars we did also.

Why have the cross member in place? You can move the rails together and get them between the braces/torque boxes. clamp it back against the crossmember . Attach the the fenderwells to the alignment hole braces. This puts it about where it should be. Put a bare k-member back in. Put fenders on to insure alignment.

A Demon that came to the garage

Untitled (1).png

-
Back