Front seat question

-

Dennis Gerard

Reaction score
I'm going to do a custom interior on my 68 Cuda, see how I don't have seats or door panels.

I need help on the height of the stock seats from floor to top of back so I can find a seat the will work..

I'm going to do a custom interior on my 68 Cuda, see how I don't have seats or door panels.

I need help on the height of the stock seats from floor to top of back so I can find a seat the will work..

Well I'm no help, because I already have custom seats from a 90's 3 series BMW that I had recovered in two tone.

seats1.jpg

DSCF0005.JPG

How far the butt is off the floor is also important. Newer cars have the seat riser formed into their floor pan. Our old cars have similar risers for bench seat only. Risers for OEM buckets were incorporated in the tracks. Most modern buckets will likely need risers added under their flat seat tracks. Then that effects overall height. I think we have a high enough roof line that most any would fit even with 2 or 3 inch tall spacer underneath.
How and where they bolt down is a factor to consider also. The floor pan is weak. If your car had factory buckets you have extra plates welded in where those buckets were anchored.

Just make sure the front seats match the rear.

I would consider modern factory seats

tachretro017.jpg

Width is a factor also. That SRT seat looks mighty close to the door/arm rest. I once put B-body seats in a A-body. I had to open the door to get a hand on the slide release lever.

these are the seats I'm looking at... I just need to know the height, of stock seats.. I have restored about 20 cars, but need spec's to go by...
the cude has high back buckets from a 73 b body in it now...

00V0V_kv72oOGxn0m_600x450.jpg

Plymouth laser seats in mine. Lol. I measured the blowback seats in my sons valiant. 27" to seat top from floor. Bottom of seat is 6" from floor. His car is a '71 valiant, not sure if it is the same, but hope it helps.

-
Back