Frustration

-
Car is definitely not going to be sold. Thing that sucks is when it does get out of paint prison it will come up here and be put in the garage only to sit for who knows how long. I have had enough of more or less camping out in my house, so it will be getting some work done on it first. By the looks of it, I will be unloading my Dart and loading my Fairlane on the trailer to haul it down to my friends garage in AZ. With all the crap we have bought for the house there is no room in my garage. I know how to deal with this, where is the shot glass and the pipe.....:thumbup:

What got me the most was the guilt of spending money on the car. If I was buying part and making progress I got frustrated and I couldnt look at the car and say I only need this and this before I can drive it. I would look at it and say I need these 3 pages worth of parts before its perfect.

I ended up trading the Dart for a running driving car knowing if I had something that drove I wouldnt be as concerned with it being perfect. To bad the car I got in trade had hidden frame rot that was unfixable.

Stick with it. Doing it yourself means you know it was done righ and theres no frame rail holes filled with bondo.

ink, I totally understand your frustration thinking it will never be done, but I've been there too! Like others have mentioned, you have to "dissect the project" one step at a time. Don't look at the whole picture at once.......

My car took over 3 years to put back together and now that it's done LOL :scratch:, I sometimes have trouble remembering all of the stress it caused.

Once you get to drive it........it's the smiles per gallon that count :thumbup:. Good luck....you can do it!!

since the building of classics is an ART NOT a science and since the beauty of art is in only 4 eyes...those of the ARTIST and those of the "beholder"....one must remember that creating ART is BOTH frustrating and rewarding....... I would be willing to bet if you had a chat with Michelangelo over a beer, he would focus on EVERY FLAW in the paint work he did in the Sistine Chapel!!! and I NO DOUBT would believe he would have bitched at the time it took him to do it!! AND the frustrations he went through getting the colors correct and JUST the right paint formulas.......
Building a classic is an ART FORM and you are the ARTIST and as such will no doubt be subject to temper-mental fits of both JOY and FRUSTRATION during your creation.
I am by no means financially set, yet For me, it is not about the money and it is not about the praise, for me it is about taking some 20,000 parts and formulating them into a running driving piece of my childhood memory, A hunk of DETROIT MUSCLE HISTORY, a Composite exhibition to ME of my skills and abilities creating a drivable work of art!
" good things come to those that are willing to take the time to do it RIGHT vs having to do it over " The feeling that you will have when you finish your creation, will justify all of the trials, challenges and hurtles you have encountered......

THAT BEING SAID

GET YOUR CANDY *** OUT THERE AND START PREPING AND WRENCHING AND GET THE DAMN JOB DONE AND QUIT WHINING ON THE WEBSITE LIKE A GDDAMN LITTLE GIRL........Tissue?....... CRY BABY!!!!! NOW UNFK YOUR HEAD AND GET BACK TO WORK and FINISH THAT DAMN THING!!!!!!!! OR MAYBE YOU CAN PLANT FLOWERS IN IT AND CRY ABOUT THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY!! YA JACKWAGON!!

USMC motivational speech a1a.

Well,I guess we all git to that point in life where we just don't know what direction to go on a project or many projects......I'm kinda at that point right now..i'll tell ya which direction I'm goin later....for now heres some words for ya bro....Theresa gonna always be a few people that tell ya you cant do something...$#@& Em!!!! There are 18,000+ here at fabo tellin ya that you can 18,001 including meeeeeeeeeeeeeee....Git yur *** out to the shop and git the &%$# to work :headbang: You can do this Bro....we kinda countin on ya so git to it :thumbup:

I gotta say my motivation has motivated elsewhere the last six months,the wheather,the bills piled up,the lack of energy and everything that makes a man want to go the extra mile has been missing....I'm tryin...just havent got that boyish gleam in my eye lately....I still come on here everyday and have found myself posting more often means i'm gittin back on my horse to ride again...I finally got almost every stale project that was holding me back out of the way and the one great project that needs attention has made its way to the shop door,I got some shop cleaning to do and hopefully while cleaning the shop I will find my heartbeat and that gleam in my eye again. I'm fealing a lil' bit on the sorry side that I lost my motivation and my sense of self worth lately and hope I haven't let anyone down,If I have I am truelly sorry and hope I make it up to you,It's something that I just couldn't help,I hope you all understand.....:violent1:

Everyone gets in a slump and frustrated from time to time. I'm in one myself right now and from the looks of this thread we're not alone. Out of money out of patients and things just aeren't going well in general. Springs comming and there will be guys getting their cars out. Maybe its just a case of cabin feaver. I guess we can't change anything by moaping, so take it one day at a time. Good luck to everyone.

Zigs

As frustrated as I may be at least I am having better days then my neighbor. Living out in the country means dirt driveways that sooner or later will get graveled. Well, he decided yesterday would be a good day to get trailer load delivered. He is friends with the gravel pit owner so getting same day delivery was not a problem, however, getting the semi stuck in his yard was. I went to visit him last night and when he was telling me I was laughing so hard I was in tears....

As frustrated as I may be at least I am having better days then my neighbor. Living out in the country means dirt driveways that sooner or later will get graveled. Well, he decided yesterday would be a good day to get trailer load delivered. He is friends with the gravel pit owner so getting same day delivery was not a problem, however, getting the semi stuck in his yard was. I went to visit him last night and when he was telling me I was laughing so hard I was in tears....

What? No pictures? Man, you are depressing.....:lol:

X36,, All of the above, and there is no real answer. JUST remember something that the wife and I discuss all the time, If I sell it,, what will it cost to replace it? It's been 40 years of doing this and my only regret is that I let them go.
As for buying a done car,No car is ever really done. I call myself a Tinkerer.I just can't leave it the way it is. You CAN make it YOUR car because we all see differently when we look at a car. Again you are back to Working, Cussing, Freezing, Sweating, Bleeding, and Spending.............
We do it, Because it is what we do. Wouldn't have it any other way...........

Oh ya, Yesterday I brought my buddies 64 HEMI Savoy home after doing some work on it for him, It was miles of smiles. Talk about moto-vation. The wife thought a plane was flying low over the house. That gets the blood flowing. OH HAPPY DAY !!!

Pics....mandatory......
Oh ya, Yesterday I brought my buddies 64 HEMI Savoy home after doing some work on it for him, It was miles of smiles. Talk about moto-vation. The wife thought a plane was flying low over the house. That gets the blood flowing. OH HAPPY DAY !!!

Well for what it's worth....I am changing projects. From my Scamp to somethin secret. I will tell yall when it gets here. Are you sure what you have is what you really want? Mine was not. I got my 73 Scamp cause it was solid and THERE and a good deal. I really wanted an early A of some sort. Especially since I have decided to go with a slant, I knew in the back of my mind that the extra weight of the later A body would be a detriment. Especially the 73. Since I have made the deal on my new project, I am lit up about it again. Maybe you like what you have. Go down your list and pick some small things to buy for it if money is tight. Sometimes, the mere aquisition of new stuff will motivate you. Then again, as some have said, maybe walk away for a bit. Heck, it ain't like you got any deadlines to meet. You can try some if it all. Ain't no rules. Just don't forget that. If you need to talk about somethin, I'm gonna PM you my number. Gimmie a shout sometime.

Well for what it's worth....I am changing projects. From my Scamp to somethin secret. I will tell yall when it gets here. Are you sure what you have is what you really want? Mine was not. I got my 73 Scamp cause it was solid and THERE and a good deal. I really wanted an early A of some sort. Especially since I have decided to go with a slant, I knew in the back of my mind that the extra weight of the later A body would be a detriment. Especially the 73. Since I have made the deal on my new project, I am lit up about it again. Maybe you like what you have. Go down your list and pick some small things to buy for it if money is tight. Sometimes, the mere aquisition of new stuff will motivate you. Then again, as some have said, maybe walk away for a bit. Heck, it ain't like you got any deadlines to meet. You can try some if it all. Ain't no rules. Just don't forget that. If you need to talk about somethin, I'm gonna PM you my number. Gimmie a shout sometime.

COOL! Lets see pics when your deal is all worked out!!:thumbup:

I really think some of the best inspiraton can come from a blast in a buddies hotrod. It kinda wakes up the hotrod in your blood. I think I may have lost that feel of a thrilling ride,it has been so long. But for me thats what it will be about;getting some thrills back!!:headbang:

Oh don't worry, I will post bunches. I haven't said much cause it's sorta a deal in progress and I ain't 100% sure it's gonna pan out, but it's supposed to.

On a positive note stepped on the scale at the docs office the other day and I lost 8 pounds.......

Sorry for the hijack but someone asked for pictures to share.
Again, Your project will always wait for you,sometimes I go to the garage,turn on the light,just look at it for a while and say " Not today".

savoy1.jpg

savoy2.jpg

savoy3.jpg

savoy4.jpg

-
Back