Status
Not open for further replies.

TAZLDAZL

AMSOIL DEALER
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
I have made some templates for installing the twin hood scoops that go on the 70-71 Darts & Demons. My original template was made from a 1971 Demon hood. I was in the process of installing my scoops when I decide to go ahead and make some more templates before I drilled out all the holes to their correct size. So when I had all my holes pre-drilled to 1/8" I placed the templates on my hood and marked all the centers using a scribe to poke through the material. I used Tyvek house wrap as my templates because it doesn't tear or stretch. I took detailed pictures while finishing the install and then generated a step by step procedure with pictures for the install. I have 15 templates for sale. $30.00 includes shipping to the lower 48. Will ship via USPS. All other’s please contact me for a shipping quote. Templates are rolled up & will be shipped from Chesapeake, VA 23322 in a 2 ½” x 3’ tube. Payment will be by Money orders or Pay Pal only please. TAZZ

Attachments

• 100_2604.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 2,785
  • 100_2607.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 2,728
  • 100_2554.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 3,392
  • 100_2621.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 2,827
  • 100_2633.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 3,409
lower right in pic #2 which hole do you use? looks like you have 2 going there.

Good idea. I made some last summer from construction paper and was giving them away except for the shipping. No body wanted one.:angry7:

lower right in pic #2 which hole do you use? looks like you have 2 going there.

That particular hole is elongated. My factory scooped hood has the elongations at that location on both scoops. Ben.

Chrisf,
The front outside holes are oval shape, so to get this I drilled two holes and then used a round file to finish the job.
AJ

No I don't. Durring this install I realized that their is a lot of room for error. The studs on the scoops are about a 1/4" but all but two holes are 1/2". Why are the rear outside holes & the front outside oval holes only 3/8" I have no idea, unless it was designed for error at the manufacture. If anybody knows please pipe in. In my step-by-step procedures I explain this and give the installer the choice to just drill out to your specific stud size or to what was original on the car.
TAZZ

65Cuda273
This is the error I rec'd while replying to your PM.
65Cuda273 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

65Cuda273
This is the error I rec'd while replying to your PM.
65Cuda273 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

Check your settings to see what changes need to be made, or check with Aministration.

But basically I need for you to send me a picture of the hood scoop you have. I found different pictures on 1965 Barracuda's with all types of scoops on them. I don't know what the original twin scoops look like and if they are the same as the 70-71 Dart/ Demon. Maybe someone could help me out on this.
Thank
TAZZ

Hey Taz, just wanted to say thanks, just got my template today, looks great, and Very fast shipping! Hopefully will post pics soon after the holidays settle down!

Thanks again
Jay

where were you when i needed you! i did it the hard way. only missed a couple! then weld, then redrill etc. lucky they still face front!ha ha.

this is a very good idea, good luck!

I also want scoops too but am considering non functional with no large hole for incoming air and taking the studs off and JB welding them to bare metal and then painting them and the hood with the factory style hood blackout treatment. I'm not sure I have the patience for the major frigfest to properly mount them. LOL

Dustoff440,

The longest part of this install was the aligment of the template (want to make sure it's right) and the marking of the holes. Once that was done it only took about 15 minutes to drill out the rest of the holes after predrilling everything with a 1/8" drill bit. I used a unibit to drill out the 3/8" & 1/2" holes. And if your not going to drill out the 4 1/8" hole heck that cuts the time in half. What takes time is that your getting ready to drill some holes in perfectly good hood. Kind of scary but the rule is measure twice cut once. same applies here.

Would you be able to give the measurement location for the 4 1/8" hole, I have the holes drilled for the scoop and looking to make mine functions. Duster Hood is not the same when I laid out for mine I used a Dart Hood and made the adjustment I sorry but I do not recall the difference in the measured width. For it’s been about five years since I installed the scoops.

1970 Duster,
I will try and get a couple of pictures to you showing the measurements from the studs to the center point of the 4 1/8" hole. Give me a couple of days, just came off Christmas break and work is going to be busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back