Fuel filler neck

-

44067gtdart

Reaction score
I need to know if a 1969 fuel filler neck will work in a 1971 dodge dart swinger. I want to switch to the other vent system and fuel tank. Will there be any modifications? I know the 1969 unit Bolts in from the inside, and the 71 bolts in from the outside. I know I will also have to switch fuel caps. I just need to know if I will have to drill any holes, or any other modifications at all. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

F0201071-9276-4B79-AE16-C9F756AAE42D.png

70 used the same vent setup as 69. I did the same for my 72 Dart. Wanted the 1970 18gal versa the 71-up 16gal tank. The fill hole is about an inch off between the two. Also the hole in the trunk floor and the boot are also different. @Matt2000 welded in a new hole in the trunk pan. I haven't decided what I'm going to do. I have the 18gal tank with the 70 vent but the boot isn't working out.

71 flange is also on the inside. 72 is the first year that slips in from the outside. What I did was kept my original fill tube. Poked a hole in the top on the side and ran a 1/8 pipe tap in . I installed a nipple and ran a braided line down the tibe. All I have is a picture of it after the car was wrecked. Worked fine and the car did not blow up on impact. Can' ask for better then that

DSCN2818.JPG

DSCN2819.JPG

71 flange is also on the inside. 72 is the first year that slips in from the outside. What I did was kept my original fill tube. Poked a hole in the top on the side and ran a 1/8 pipe tap in . I installed a nipple and ran a braided line down the tibe. All I have is a picture of it after the car was wrecked. Worked fine and the car did not blow up on impact. Can' ask for better then that

View attachment 1715871168

View attachment 1715871169
Ouch !! Sorry about the car.. that set up is probably the best way to go. Thank you.

-
Back