Fuel filler pipes

-

hemibee

Reaction score
Ok, who got the go to source for the reproduction filler tubes for mopars? Seen some models available. Of course, the 71 Dart is the one I need. But the earlier 68 to 70 have there advantages, so not picky. Stainless would be great. The rust on the old ones is not good. Or is the fuel cell option the real answer to fuel tank blues?
Putting in the electric fuel pump system also. Thanks for your input guys. Hoping to get it as right as possible the first time around on the replacement of fuel system.
Oh, 360/408 stoker going in it. 727 trans. 770 Holley street avenger carb. 323 gears/ 742 case now. can go 355/ rebuilt 489 locker sitting around. Eddy heads, tti headers. Lots of other upgrades as usual.:D

YOu can make you own filler neck or have on made out of stainless.

As far as a tank you don't need a fuel cell. I run Hot Rod City Garage's aluminum tank. It's internally baffled as well as large outlet and return line capability. Mounts in the factory location with the factory hardware.

Best electric pump I've used is the Aero A1000.

that the ticket! :) I saw that tank early in my search, than all the other options pushed it off my radar. Thanks. I new to this posting stuff. how do I " thank" you? give to the thanks credit thing? don't see a button for that.

You can have your original one restored. There is a guy who can put the lead/tin coating back on them.

As far as a tank you don't need a fuel cell. I run Hot Rod City Garage's aluminum tank. It's internally baffled as well as large outlet and return line capability. Mounts in the factory location with the factory hardware.

too pricey,get mallory comp 140 pump.quiet and reliable....

That tank system is very pricy. The other suggestions are more main stream, based on prices. looked at Carter. Have to look at Mallory. Seems like 140 to 150 gph is most popular. Adding it all up is a small fortune. prices have gone way up from 20 years ago.I took the raise the kids time out. We ain't in Kansas no more.

To pricey?

How much is a new factory tank + larger Sending unit + sump + bung for return line + paint? (and you still won't have internal baffles) but how much is that total. I'm hard pressed to believe it is substantialy cheaper.

might be closer than I thought. time for more number crunching. besides, I suppose it really comes down to which system, direction you want to end up with. price be darn... been adding it up for a couple systems. That not fat apart on costs. capacity, performance is the difference.

That tank system is very pricy. The other suggestions are more main stream, based on prices. looked at Carter. Have to look at Mallory. Seems like 140 to 150 gph is most popular. Adding it all up is a small fortune. prices have gone way up from 20 years ago.I took the raise the kids time out. We ain't in Kansas no more.

might be closer than I thought. time for more number crunching. besides, I suppose it really comes down to which system, direction you want to end up with. price be darn... been adding it up for a couple systems. That not fat apart on costs. capacity, performance is the difference.

Factory tank = 234 + tax and shipping

Sending unit = 142

Sump = 60$

Fuel Bung = 9$

Paint = 20$

Welding wire = 10$

Grand Total = 475$

Best be checking out the cheaper price on that Hot Rod City Tank!!! :thumblef:

ok, bought a hot rod city tank. time to choose, so i did....

You'll be very happy you did. Take your time when installing the fuel filler tube and also check all threaded ports adn ensure tey are tapped to your satsfaction and clean.

Thanks, is there radiators with fans one of the better aluminum radiators also? A lot of radiator company's to choose from.... They offer custom fitting they tell me.

I went with the Hot Rod City tank as well when I went back to EFI on my 5.7 swap to get the in-tank pump. Nice guy to work with and good looking piece. The main issue I've had with it though is that I can't fill it very fast. The old tank and fill neck had an inner baffle that separated the top and bottom so that it could vent better. Since the Hot Rod City tank has a small neck that you couple a fill tube to the baffle can't easily extend all the way down into the tank a bit, so it will burp fuel at me if I pump it too fast. I don't think the little vent line on the tank where the fuel pump fittings are is big enough to move the air out fast enough.

good to know, slow fill tank. what the capacity of this tank? Guy on phone said he thought 21.5 gals.

Depends on how you have it configured. They'll customize it to your order quite a bit like fuel fitting sizes, with or without spare tire cutout, extra depth, etc. I think the standard tank is around 16 gallons with the spare tire (what I got). I've never run the tank dry, so I can't confirm the exact number, but if I go off of the gas gauge I'd guess around 15-16. I think they can extend the depth of the tank to the limits of the tank straps to get another 1-2 gallons. Guessing that knocking out the spare cutout would probably be good for another few gallons, so maybe close to that 21.5 number.

I think I could probably make it fill faster as well if I messed with it some more, but it doesn't bother me enough to worry about it right now. If I drove the car more often I might be annoyed since I'd be filling the tank up more, but for know it's just something I try to remember.

Thanks, is there radiators with fans one of the better aluminum radiators also? A lot of radiator company's to choose from.... They offer custom fitting they tell me.

I like and have used be cool. Electric fans are the only way to fly IMO. More power and full cooling on demand whether it's running or not so no more heat soak.

good to know, slow fill tank. what the capacity of this tank? Guy on phone said he thought 21.5 gals.

Slow fill is good advice. volume sounds correct.

Get a nice used one bead blast it and get it coated. A good powder coater would know what to do or if it is applicable.

neither! talked to a powder coater. They don't coat fuel or radiator system. might come off , plug up systems.

ok, makes sense. looked your work over. very nice. thinking of moving to Phoenix. Calif is going crazy with bad laws, high taxes, no work, high debt.

ok, makes sense. looked your work over. very nice. thinking of moving to Phoenix. Calif is going crazy with bad laws, high taxes, no work, high debt.

Thanks for checking it out and for the kind words hemibee! I lived in Southern California for 16 years myself so I know exactly what you mean.

But I'm not in Phoenix. My shop's in northwest Tennessee, and it's named for the rebirth aspect of the word instead of logistics. (Got wiped out by Hurricane Katrina in 2005 and started over from scratch somewhere else.)

-
Back