Fuel Injection Multi Port Slant 6

-

cchrishefish

Reaction score
Has anyone used this intake manifold with their slant 6. And if so, has anyone turbocharged with this type of intake? https://www.gillwelding.com/product...9EMEjJLHXiEMF-stxa0kz4AFy2F2qWgoKXTdbKv3Zov4o

I am curious about exploring the exhaust manifold modification options with the multi port fuel injection. In other words tell me how you installed your turbo with specifics. Also, has anyone used Dutra Duals with this intake manifold? Pictures would be very helpful.

that sure is purdy
I like the idea of multi port fuel injection. I think it is a nice option for my car with a turbo. The driveability would be improved and the performance would probably be enough for a road car.

I like the idea of multi port fuel injection. I think it is a nice option for my car with a turbo. The driveability would be improved and the performance would probably be enough for a road car.
A member on .org is involved with that project, give the site a visit & look in the FI forum, and the rest for that matter!! :thumbsup:

Did you ever do it?
Well, over there, the interest seemed high at the time, but talk was cheap. Here, the Slant guys seem to be more progressive thinkers and eager to embrace new technology. I have the patterns near completion and if I really pushed could probably have some castings ready to machine by the end of the summer.

Well, over there, the interest seemed high at the time, but talk was cheap. Here, the Slant guys seem to be more progressive thinkers and eager to embrace new technology. I have the patterns near completion and if I really pushed could probably have some castings ready to machine by the end of the summer.

I've been one of those old school guys whose sworn to embrace carburetors. I might would try something different though. Right now, I am having to take small bites at the time, because we are still adjusting to being without my extra work income. Once we see where the dust settles, I'll be in a better place. I still have to get some hard parts seen about. Cam, head, which rockers I'm going to use and all that. Then I can move on to induction. It's not going to be a real fast process, but I'll keep moving forward. Plus, I'm working on the car itself in the background the whole time.

I would still love to go multiport. for now it was just easier for me to go throttle body injected. at some point it will get boost regardless.
hope to get some decent weather soon to try out the injection.

@pishta didn't you make something like this?
Pish actually step-drilled the head itself and threaded bung inserts sealed through the head incl. the water jackets, which actually puts the injectors where they belong......................

Pish actually step-drilled the head itself and threaded bung inserts sealed through the head incl. the water jackets, which actually puts the injectors where they belong......................
I've made threaded bungs for guys wanting to do that without having to weld also. Many options to achieve a better mouse trap.

I was almost going to say that, but I wasn't sure. I remember the injectors were REAL close to the head. Obviously they were more than real close. lol

Has anyone used this intake manifold with their slant 6. And if so, has anyone turbocharged with this type of intake? https://www.gillwelding.com/product...9EMEjJLHXiEMF-stxa0kz4AFy2F2qWgoKXTdbKv3Zov4o

I am curious about exploring the exhaust manifold modification options with the multi port fuel injection. In other words tell me how you installed your turbo with specifics. Also, has anyone used Dutra Duals with this intake manifold? Pictures would be very helpful.

That kinda looks like an intake version of the 'powerpipe' exhaust that some guy was pushing on slantsix.org about 10 years ago :)

Interesting...kinda crude stovepipe design. Still puts the injector around the corner from the valve. Ill make you one out of steel for half the price......:icon_fU:. Mine is runner tuned for a stock camshaft, not the best for a turbo but will help 'no boost' low end considerably, as well as NA. My head design also lets you run any slant intake with a TB on it, nothing special needed as the injectors are "off intake". Heck put a Windstar TB face up on a slant intake and you could mount the air cleaner for a stock slant look.

20190520_220224.jpg

Last edited:
That kinda looks like an intake version of the 'powerpipe' exhaust that some guy was pushing on slantsix.org about 10 years ago :)

Yeah and I tried contacting him recently. I was going to buy one of the versions of that, but I never heard back.

-
Back