Fuel line clamp yes or no

-

SlantedDart

Reaction score
Hey guys do these double barb fittings require a clamp? Efi 58 psi. I would assume so but the clamps looks like crap. If they do what would you recommend. The fitting won’t pull off by hand with some pretty good force. Thanks
6023D5A4-1C15-48B6-BE9C-21A22B1FDBF5.jpeg
6F92AE35-808B-44BE-A5F6-EB358498D078.jpeg

Those look like "push lock" or some other brand similar. They require the correct hose. You cannot just use "any" hose. However, using clamps on that, hose right or wrong, may not be the thing to do. Those barbs are extra deep and sharp, and a clamp may simply cut the hose

It is IMPORTANT to have a hose and fittings system that is compatible. A much much better plan is something like "make your own" hose ends with JIC/ JAN type fittings, but just like always, they require compatible type fittings.

Those are similar to weatherhead barbtite fittings. They claim no clamp is required.
I pushed a 1/4” air line onto a regular style milton barb and it held for years. would i trust it on my car? Nope.
my preference is the high pressure clamps used on fuel injection hose.

Thanks for the reply guys. I bought them from the same manufacturer “tanks” russel fittings not sure brand hose but I could always call them a s ask if they are compatible

Thanks for the reply guys. I bought them from the same manufacturer “tanks” russel fittings not sure brand hose but I could always call them a s ask if they are compatible

You need push lock or twist lock hose. It has more than one trade name. With the correct hose it doesn’t need a hose clamp.

I would use a clamp for peace of mind. Might feel nice & tight at room temperature, but the rubber might soften up with engine bay heat.

I would use a clamp for peace of mind. Might feel nice & tight at room temperature, but the rubber might soften up with engine bay heat.

To each his own, but fast 2.0 fuel inj. kits come w/ the kick *** hose ''and clamps'' , hose wont pull out of a barbed fitting either ---------jfyi

-
Back