fuel line conflict

-

Gus Loza

Reaction score
hey guys I'm ha ing an issue with my new fuel line getting the right gas tank strap. it pushes the line back and makes the rubber hose look funky. the Tank is as fat back as it goes too. I don' want it rubbing together. any suggestions?

1520792804238690044900.jpg

does it normally run behind the strap ?
i would rebend it a little (i would actually bend it to go in front of the strap, and then put another little bend in there to line it back up with the pickup, but it should be just as easy to tuck it in a little and them kick back out to line it up)

I ran into that

I trimmed the hard line on the car back further and used a piece of rubber hose about 10" long.

I ran into that

I trimmed the hard line on the car back further and used a piece of rubber hose about 10" long.

not something i would suggest...too easy to create a vacuum, and collapse that hose
now, EFI how, is much more resistant to it, but still, i would keep the amount of flexible line to a minimum

not something i would suggest...too easy to create a vacuum, and collapse that hose
now, EFI how, is much more resistant to it, but still, i would keep the amount of flexible line to a minimum
That would only happen if you had a REALLY bad problem. Most flexible fuel line, especially good quality kind like 30r14 barricade hose, will not collapse. In fact i've never seen it.

does it normally run behind the strap ?
i would rebend it a little (i would actually bend it to go in front of the strap, and then put another little bend in there to line it back up with the pickup, but it should be just as easy to tuck it in a little and them kick back out to line it up)
I was thinking of bending it. tried in front if the strap but was also in the way. I'm trying not to cut it so I keep that flare at the end. thanks I'll let you guys know next week what I get out of it

then my ground strap won' work if I do that
not the best way, not even close, but it works: you can cut the ground strap in half, solder each piece to the ends of a piece of wire to create a jumper long enough to tie both sides together. that will work until you figure out how you want to do it perm.

good luck

-
Back