Fuel line for feeding turbo

Discussion in 'Forced Induction Mopar' started by Ccrussell, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Ccrussell

Ccrussell Well-Known Member

View My Photos
    Local Time:
    9:09 PM
    Hello,
    Well into my collection of turbo parts for the 225. Trying to do all the preliminary work before i actually set up the turbo.
    I am wondering what exactly to use for fuel supply/ return. My understanding is 3/8" for supply, 1/2" for return. I would like to replace the existing factory fuel line only because it is old and crusty, and i think it has served a long reliable lifespan.
    Question; what do i use for fuel line? Perusing ebay only left me with more questions. Can i use a heavy marine type supply/return (rubber) ? Steel? Aluminum?
    Any suggestions? Would like to do i right the first time.
    Thanks

2. diymirage

diymirage HP@idle > hondaHP@redline FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    10:09 PM
    that was a typo, right?

you intend to run a bigger supply then return?

if the inside of the stocker is good right now, i would buy a prebent 1/2 line for the supply and use the stocker as a return
    (in fact, thats what i intend to do on my duster, but with a 3/8 supply)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • dusted

dusted Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      10:09 PM
      7474DC18-B28F-4B49-9DDD-754F6457BA49.jpeg For a blo thru carb application with an EFI rated fuel pump, you need a bigger return. You are taking 55psi and cutting it down to 5-7psi thru a boost referenced regulator. The bigger return allows it to maintain the 5-7 and not override the float and needle and seat of the carb. I used the stock 3/8 hard fuel line from the pump to the engine compartment. They make AN pushlock to tube fittings like a compression fitting. Works slick!!!

I would go to a hydraulic shop and get some pushlock hose. Order your pushlock AN fittings from your favorite place or get them there from the hydraulic shop ECF2D5ED-DE26-4CAC-B75C-95DF13923CD4.jpeg . This is what is used

• AJ/FormS

AJ/FormS 367 FormS clone 3.09-1.92-1.40-1.09-.78od 3.55s

Southern Manitoba,Canada Mosquito-land,900ft
      View My Photos
      Local Time:
      3/8 steel is good to 400/425 in my NA 367, with a mechanical pump and no return.

• Ccrussell

Ccrussell Well-Known Member

View My Photos
      Local Time:
      Thankyou for the replies. Yes larger return than supply. I will check out the local hydraulic supply.