Fuel line for feeding turbo

-

Ccrussell

Reaction score
Hello,
Well into my collection of turbo parts for the 225. Trying to do all the preliminary work before i actually set up the turbo.
I am wondering what exactly to use for fuel supply/ return. My understanding is 3/8" for supply, 1/2" for return. I would like to replace the existing factory fuel line only because it is old and crusty, and i think it has served a long reliable lifespan.
Question; what do i use for fuel line? Perusing ebay only left me with more questions. Can i use a heavy marine type supply/return (rubber) ? Steel? Aluminum?
Any suggestions? Would like to do i right the first time.
Thanks

that was a typo, right?

you intend to run a bigger supply then return?

if the inside of the stocker is good right now, i would buy a prebent 1/2 line for the supply and use the stocker as a return
(in fact, thats what i intend to do on my duster, but with a 3/8 supply)

7474DC18-B28F-4B49-9DDD-754F6457BA49.jpeg
For a blo thru carb application with an EFI rated fuel pump, you need a bigger return. You are taking 55psi and cutting it down to 5-7psi thru a boost referenced regulator. The bigger return allows it to maintain the 5-7 and not override the float and needle and seat of the carb. I used the stock 3/8 hard fuel line from the pump to the engine compartment. They make AN pushlock to tube fittings like a compression fitting. Works slick!!!

I would go to a hydraulic shop and get some pushlock hose. Order your pushlock AN fittings from your favorite place or get them there from the hydraulic shop
ECF2D5ED-DE26-4CAC-B75C-95DF13923CD4.jpeg
. This is what is used

Thankyou for the replies. Yes larger return than supply. I will check out the local hydraulic supply.

-
Back