Fuel line from regulator to carb

-

440BelII

Reaction score
I'm in the process of running a new fuel line on my Demon. The car will be raced. I'm using a dual feed line with guage on my carb (Proform 750). I need to get from the regulator, which is mounted on the right fenderwell to the carb line. I was thinking of running a braided line to connect them , but, according to IHRA rules, the line can't be more than 12" in length. I have about 16" to cover. I'm hooking up this way for now, may go to seperate lines to the fuel bowls from the regulator in the future. What are you guys doing if you have a similiar setup ?Should I run a piece of Hardline out of the regulator to cut down on the amount of hose that I'm using?

The rule book says no more than 12" of rubber fuel line. You can have steel braided fuel line longer than 12".

The rule book says no more than 12" of rubber fuel line. You can have steel braided fuel line longer than 12".

That's always been my understanding, unless they've changed something.

I run a section of push-loc hose from the regulator to the carb that is NHRA rated (looks like rubber hose, but its not). Like others said, braided hose...you're good to go (as much as you like).

JiffyTite (2).jpg

This is what I used when I ran a carb. These are Jiffy Tite connectors. Much easier to change jets!

You can also have pushlok hose. Which is basically a rubber Coated braided line good for 350+psi. But you'll be fine with braided

Just a pic for ideas. Above are correct. Braided are fine. First pic is older, but you get the idea.
IMG_20190415_175935.jpg

20210429_192336.jpg

20210425_134745.jpg

-
Back